INTRO

"Hey, hey! Look at me, look at me." She catches her wrists, not so sure why Betty is fighting her grip. Her hands are trembling uncontrollably, and Roman hates seeing her like this - eyes red, tears staining her rosy cheeks.

"No, Roman. No," Betty says through her heartbreaking sobs. Roman tries to hold her still, yet somehow Betty's able to rip a hand away.

"Betty," She tries talking sense to her, but nothing seemed to work before, so why now? Why would anything make sense to her now? Why would she bother to listen?

The two girls remain like this, with Betty struggling to break free-to take off and run, while Roman tries to make her stand still, to calm down.

"Betty, STOP IT!" Roman yells, horrifically, as if a strong force had taken over her. And suddenly, Betty is silent, the only sound between them being her soft sniffles and quaky breaths.

"Don't you see what you're doing to yourself?" Brown eyes meet that of blues, somehow that stifles Cooper's cries. Just for a moment, they survey one another, wondering who says what next.

"I just wanted Archie to love me."

The words sting for both of them, imprinted on their skins like a sizzling tattoo. Roman finally sees how it's been breaking her friend's heart - every second she sees Veronica with Archie, every touch, every glance, and every word.

Seeing Betty Cooper so miserable struck a new kind of fire inside of her.

"Betty," Roman starts, cupping the girl's cheeks as her thumbs wipe away her tears, "You're the most amazing girl in Riverdale, and if Archie can't see that-"

Betty stares at her, waiting for the end of that statement.

"-screw him."

---

WARNING: THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN DEATH, LANGUAGE, AND OTHER MATURE THEMES.

---

okay, so ive really wanted to write a riverdale fanfic, but i keep crossing my ideas out?? first it was with jughead, then archie...but man, im not about that life. i know veronica owns my ass - but are we going to talk about the sweet cinnamon roll, betty?? now that's my cup of tea!!

(&& i will put warnings in the beginning of chapters that will contain triggering/mature themes. sorry i couldn't be more specific with 'mature themes' im a little unsure whether to add specific things in so what's it's all decided i will edit this!! )

thank you xx

edit (2020): hey anyone and everyone, i don't see myself finishing this story or continuing it for that matter, but i was looking back on it and all the support/nice comments really opened my heart. so, even though i don't support riverdale and no longer like the archie comics i'll keep this on my account in case anybody wants to reread it. i know how it feels to have a fic u were reading removed and nowhere to be found, even if it's unfinished! please keep in mind i wrote this three-four years ago and my writing was not the best, neither was my taste for tv shows and comics haha. anyways, thank u for reading this. i remember being really happy at all the attention and support it was getting when i first published it. i hope u all will continue to support works about sapphic women, especially sapphic women of color. thank u thank u, have a marvelous day <3