Bond.. M/n Bond

As you sat on the train, you marvel the workmanship. Just as before, it was made from semi separate compartments. There was enough room to walk in, and they had limited privacy.

You remember the two guys had taken the space two rooms behind, and were monitoring the hallway. But that wouldn't be an issue in the slightest.

Wendy and Lucy had taken the seats by the window, away from the door. Erza and you were by the aisle, with you facing the caboose. Erza was tapping her fingers on the seat, and it was a pattern that sounded like a song, not random.

"I don't understand why we're leaving them. If they were spying on us, we should find out why." Erza said, her irritation coming to a peak.

You sigh, as she said this a few times already. "Mrs. Scarlett, how many times must I tell you. We need to wait until they attack, otherwise it will look very squicky. The counsel is already talking of nipping the guild due to the massive damage done. We need not antagonize them further."

Lucy raises a hand. "First, what does squicky mean? Second, can't you teleport into their car?"

You sigh, and start to message your temples. "Squicky is a term used to refer to disgust or horrified shock. I apologize, but that is a slang term." You pause, to take a breath, then continue.

"And as for the teleportation, it is anything but simple. I'm not technically teleporting. I'm bending space with the Requip ability. Different dimensions have different physical rules. I reduce the space I travel, but it is a real effort to do. Going from a stationary location while not moving is child's play. If one variable of movement is in place, its a headache, but do able. When I'm moving, AND my endpoint is moving, its a complete migraine."

You pause, as their eyes glazed over. But you weren't remotely finished. But it could be cut short.

"My point is, it would be much simpler to wait them out, and then defend. We impound them, and question them with the law's blessing, rather then be imprisoned for destroying a train full of people."

They all consider this, and seem to surrender to you. Erza looks anything but happy, but you left your violin at the guild.

"Anyway, what do we know about the guild?" Wendy asks, and that was, you noticed, the fifth or sixth time she had played ref.

You pull a notepad out, and flip to a page in the middle. "Alright, here is what I found. They have something around 80 members, but a fourth or so are strictly noncombat. Their either support to other members, or they have skills better for research. The Guildmaster is a shadow make mage, and a rather skilled one at that."

"Well, at least we have a rough idea of the odds." Lucy says, optimistically.

You give a small smile, then reply. "Yep, just 15 or 20 for each of us. Maybe more, if they had an influx recently. No pressure."

"Well, at least we have some information to use. Your idiosyncrasies have proven quiet interesting." Erza says, and you see a small grin on her face.

You pretend to be offended. You bring your hand to your chest. "You wound me, Ms. Scarlett."

This brings the mood back to cruising altitude. At least until..

A knocking from the car door. You turn to see a trolley, and a young woman standing behind it. A brunette, with kind hazel eyes. She wore a white blouse, close to the neck, with green highlights on the sides.

"Hello, can I interest you in anything?" She asks, politely as well as meekly.

"I suppose a water, if you have it." Lucy replies reaching for her wallet.