Chapter 7: Who are you?

Updating again cause I missed fridayyyy

ASTRID
After lunch, me and Casey were walking down the hall to get to our lockers when we heard a banging sound coming from inside a locker.
"Hello?" A voice calls from inside. "Who's out there?"

"Uh just leave him." Casey says.

"Leave him?!" I look at Casey in shock.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" The person continues to pound the inside of the locker, turning the girls' attention back to him.
"Don't leave me in here!"

"The janitor can get him out later. He'll be fine." Casey explains.

"We can't just leave him, that's so mean! Growing up, I was taught that you have to put others before yourself." I say.

"Ugggghh" Casey whines. "He's the biggest nerd in the school. If you let him out, people will think you're a nerd too. Trust me. Last year, people thought I was his girlfriend." She shudders.

I leaned closer and whispered, "Were you?"

"What NO! That's disgusting!"

"Hey Casey, Casey is that you?" The guy says. "Come on Casey you gotta let me out please."

"Let's just get to class." Casey pulls my arm towards the door, and I look back with guilt all over my face.

"Guys please don't leave me in here."

I was about to walk into class when my inside voice went,
Screw it.
I turned and went back over to the locker. I unlocked it and the guy stumbled out of there.

"I know you don't I?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Well you'd have to at some point, in your partner for the field trip." He sticks out his hand for me to shake. "Hiccup."

I take his hand and shake it. "Astrid."

"Come on Astrid! We're going to be late!" Casey calls.

"See you around." I say before running off to class.

"Thanks Astrid!" Hiccup calls after me before turning the other way to get to his class.
***
After class, Holly was strutting down the hallway and stopped right in front of me.
She frowned, "Oh hey. I was meaning to ask you, who are you?"

"Um, I'm Amber. But you can call me Astrid." I say.

"Whatever. That's not what I mean. What I mean is Who are you? Geek? Jock? Prep? Punk? You have to be something. If not, well you're nothing." She spat at me.

"Um, well, I-"

"She's like me." Casey steps in.

"Really? Wow! I didn't know she was a nerd." Holly smirks before turning around. "See you around. Nerd."
***
"Hey mum! I'm home!" I put my bag onto the bench that's next to the shoe rack and take off my sneakers.

"Hi sweetie!" Mum comes twirling out from the kitchen to greet me. "Good day?"

"Yeah I suppose."

"I paid for your trip just then sweetheart. You better get packing. It's on Wednesday."

"Sure mum. And I got a partner for the assignment we have to do during the trip." I have no problems telling my mum anything. She's one of those more laid back and chill people that you can talk to whenever.

"Ah, who may that be?"

"Um I think his name is Henry but on the piece of paper it said Hiccup."

"Seems like a nice guy."

"You haven't even met let alone seen him. How can you tell?"

"I just can. Well freshen up darling, and come down for dinner when you're ready."

"Thanks mum." I smile before grabbing my bag and going upstairs skipping every second step on the way.
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪

PEACE ✌🏼