What?!

"What?!"

 I was currently in my mother's car. She was driving while my father was in the passenger seat. They were having a 'conversation'. Or as I like to call them petty squabbles.We were on our way to my normal camp. But . Thinking it was a simple mistake on father's part, maybe he just set the wrong coordinates for the gps? Yeah, that's probably it. So I spoke up.

"Mother dearest, you're driving the wrong way," I say catching her attention " the camp is back that way" I say pointing backwards. I see mother shift uncomfortably. And father look quickly out the window and start to whistle 'Marry had a Little Lamb'. Something was going on. Father only whistles awkwardly and avoids eye contact when he's keeping a secret. Or at least that's what I learned. I mean, a man can only mess up a 'surprise' birthday party so many times by acting way too suspicious. Like he was right now in the car.

"Father, is their something you're not telling me?" I say, as I scooch up enough in the car to put a hand on father's shoulder. He's still looking out the window. But with more intense and scared eyes. He doesn't want to make eye contact with mother and I at all. Because if they are keeping a secret, than if he makes eye contact with me and starts a conversation then I'll find out the secret at the end of the conversation. And mother can't stop me because she's driving. Father also doesn't want to make eye contact with mother because...she's scary when she's mad. And she's giving dad the stink eye whenever she's not looking at the road. I'm not even the one she's staring daggers at, but I'm still scared.

We sat in the car like that for a couple of seconds. My hand on father's shoulder, father staring intensely at the window and mother staring intensely at him every chance she got, until we got a stopped. Huh, we're in the woods? Since when? My parents could probably see the utter confusion on my face, so mother stopped  in the middle of the trail.

They both turned around and looked at me. They both started to open their mouth to say something, but then closed it when they heard the other speak. They looked at each other. Father nodding his head at mother as if to say she could go on. Mother nods her head and then looks back at me. She gulps. She then opens her mouth to say something.

"Grey-" Mother started to say until she was rudely interrupted by the sound of a car horn. It seemed like they wanted to get by. But it also seemed like mother wanted to flip off the people in the car. Of course she couldn't, I mean she could but father wouldn't allow it. So to stop her from enraging the people behind us, father pulled mother back and told her to drive. Mother simply obliged and started up the car and started to drive. Not at a normal speed though, she made sure to drive especially slow. To the point you would've thought your grandma was at the wheel.

The people behind us didn't get angry, they got livid. Father noticed and told her-no, demanded she drive faster. She didn't. They took the grandma driving for about 5 minutes until there car stopped and it looked like some one was getting out. Mother's face turned pale, well paler then usual. And she did the one thing she told me never to do, use my powers for wrongful reasons.

With a puff of smoke swirling around mother she turned herself into an old lady. Actually, not just an old lady, a super super old lady. Her wrinkles had wrinkles. Mothers clothes could barley stay on because the body was so small and frail. The man who came out the driver's side had 'dad' written all over him. He had a pink polo shirt, a Mario mustache and some thick frame circle glasses. He looked like a total nerd. And his car made him look like he was from the sixties.  He had a shinny red ford mustang. Not the new and cool version the one from the sixties.  I looked inside the car and saw a women in the passenger seat and ...I think I saw a kid in the back seat, or was it a dog? 

The man walked over to the driver's seat and looked surprised and mumbled "Could've sworn there was a younger-..." His mumbling was cut off by my father giving the man a loud hello.

"Hello! How may I help you?" Father said with a smile. The man looked at my father and then back at mother. Then looking at father he said, "I'm sorry to stop you folks but, if it wouldn't trouble you. Could you drive faster?" Father looked down at mother as if to ask her the question himself. Mother just simply turned her head. Both of the men understanding that meant no the man went on to plead. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I've got to get my sun to the camp summer camp just down the road. And this is the only route to get there." Well know I know it's a kid in the back seat. "And you must be taking this lil' guy to that camp too," He said that pointing back at me." because this trail is the only way to get to the camp." At this point I'm angry, the man just called me little and my parents didn't tell me I was going to a normal, crummy, stupid, and all around too much sunlight  camp! This is outrageous!

"What?!"

"We were going to tell you!" Father says turning back to see an enraged me.

"Yeah, we were-until some rude and obnoxious group of people came and stopped us from telling you." Mother finally piped into the conversation, giving the man a serious stink eye and probably nightmares for weeks. The man could see he was unwanted and said " Just.. take your time" After that shuffled away to his car.

"I'm sorry sweetie, it's just the camp you were at before wasn't helping." Mother means the camp I was at before wasn't helping me fast enough with my powers. How hard does she think it is being a monster on earth? I'm not even a hard to hide monster, I'm a vampire! All I have to do is not get caught drinking blood. And I don't drink a lot of blood.

Oh this must be confusing. I'm a vampire named Grey Adams. There are other monsters. We used to just live in our dimension, Belledon that only had monsters. But a scientist from our world opened up a portal to your universe. And only a specialized group of humans knows about us, the government. That's what area 51 is for, us monsters. We even have schools set up for monsters to live on earth, to teach us how to be 'normal'. And camps, like the one I was supposed to be going to. 

"What?! They were teaching me great things!" I reply like mother just stabbed me in the back. Offended. "No, no they weren't! You still don't know how to shape shift!" Mother snapped back. "Well at least if I could, I'd use it properly!" I say referring back our current situation. I also realize she's still a old lady. Mother gasps a loud gasp. And puts a hand over her heart likes she's been hurt.

Then she starts back up again, "Well-" but she's cut off by father. "Will you both shut it!" He yells. Furious with our bickering. "Now, Xena I want you to drive all the way up to the camp without saying a word. Got it?" Father says with a very demanding tone. Mother just nods her head. Now it's my turn. Without even turning around father says "Xena, drive-Grey, I want you to understand that the camp you were at before was crap and wasn't teaching you anything." Wow, me and mother did it, we actually made father-the calmest man ever mad. "So instead of wasting money, we send you here to get a great experience. You'll get to learn so much about how humans actually live" There was a pause. I was surprised. I'd actually made my father angry...

After a while of the quietness in the car, father had looked like he'd cooled off. Then mother stopped at a field stone landing, on the ground there were other cars. I suppose its like a parking lot? Mother parked the car and we all started to get out. I went to the trunk and got my stuff, a traveling suitcase and a backpack filled with essentials. We all started to walk the front of the park.There was a huge sign that said 'Camp Gamian' in big painted on black letters. And beyond the sign there was a trail leading up to a lot of