Chapter Ten

No, this is not the last chapter! There is still more to come! Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think!

To the right is a video of Billy singing 'Crying'. It goes with the end ------->

There is also a gif of an awkward Dakota to the side. It shows what she does when she first sees Billy in his hospital room after finding everything out. She's wicked nervous! ------->

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Bianca had managed to pull her daughter into the living room and make her a cup of coffee. Now they sat in silence staring at one another.

"Why don't you call out of work today?" she suggested.

"I can't and I shouldn't. It's my last day until I get two days off," Dakota replied. "Plus I really need to visit Billy and if I come to the hospital after I call out, that won't look good for me."

She raised her eyebrows. "You're going to visit him?"

"I have to. I need to tell him I know. And I need to apologize."

"Maybe even give him a try...?"

She glared at her mother who laughed. "We'll see where it goes. I don't know if I can get that involved with him. I mean, we grew up together! Wouldn't it be weird?" she asked.

"It won't be weird if you both love one another. And from what I've heard from Fran, Billy is already in love with you," Bianca responded.

"I don't know, Ma. Like I said, we'll see how everything goes. I have to make up for all of the years I missed with him."

Her mother set her empty coffee mug on the coffee table and stood up. "Alright, that sounds like a plan. Are you going to be alright until you go to work? I need to get back to the house before your father burns it down."

"Yes, I'll be fine. Thanks for everything, mom," Dakota smiled.

Bianca leaned down and hugged her daughter, kissing her on the top of the head. She left the house with a smile on her face. It was nice to feel needed by her daughter. It had been a long time since they spent that kind of quality time together.

It was finally time for Dakota to go to work. As she dressed in her scrubs and got on her sneakers to exit the house, butterflies filled her stomach. She was going to see Billy tonight. How would it go? Would he forgive her for all the time they've missed together?

When she got to the hospital, the butterflies seemed to increase tenfold. Trying to push it to the side, she relieved one of the previous shift's nurses and got to work. The entire time she worked with a patient, she had Billy on her mind. She was planning out her entire conversation with him in her mind.

"Are you alright Dakota? You seem to have something on your mind," one of her patient's Mother's, a woman in her early 30's, asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right, I do have a lot on my mind. I need to quit letting it affect my work."

"You've been great so far, so don't worry about it affecting your work. Do you want to talk about it, lass?"

"No, no, that'd be very inappropriate of me Mrs. Lloyd. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. The only person you need to be worrying about is your daughter. We need to get her off of this ventilator so she can go home. She's improving every day so I'm sure she'll be out of here soon. After all, she's not nearly as small as she was when she was born," she tried to change the subject.

"Thank you Dakota," the woman said.

"You're very welcome. I'll be back to check on you both later."