Chapter Thirteen

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Dakota opened up her eyes to the morning sun shining in them. She was lying on her living room couch with a blanket draped over her body, the sun from the bay window landing on her. She squinted and looked around. How had she gotten there? Then she thought back to the night before. Billy and she had been watching a movie. She must've fallen asleep during it.

She got up, the blanket wrapped around her shoulders, and headed into the kitchen. When she did not find Billy in there, she frowned. He must've gone home late last night after she had fallen asleep. She had secretly been hoping that he had stayed with her.

As she made coffee, she felt arms wrap around her from behind. She nearly screamed, but when she smelt the familiar cologne, she knew it was him.

"Good morning," he cooed into her ear, kissing her on the cheek.

She turned around and pecked him on the lips, wrapping her arms around him.

"I thought you left," she said.

"No, I didn't. I fell asleep last night as well. I ended up waking up and I gave my manager a call. Remember what we were talking about last night?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm going to Nashville to write a song!"

She didn't respond for a second. She was happy for him, but she was also sad. He was leaving her again, right after they had reunited.

"That's awesome!" she finally exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

Billy frowned. He could tell when she was lying. And that sentence had been way too overzealous. She wasn't happy.

He grabbed her arms and pulled her away from his body, looking her over.

"What's wrong?" he asked, seeing the tears in her eyes.

"Nothing, I'm just so happy for you," she tried to explain.

"Don't lie to me, Dakota Gowen."

"It's just...you're leaving again. When is the next time I'm going to see you?"

"Well you didn't let me finish the good news!" he scolded. "You always jump to conclusions!"

She looked down at the ground, hiding a small smile.

"I was going to tell you that I wanted you to come with me. That is if you can take some time off of work..."

"Yes! Yes, I'll do it!" she practically screamed, jumping on him.

He laughed and kissed her, twirling her around in circles. He was excited about this trip. He was going to be able to show her the four years of his life in which he was gone. She would get to learn how much he loved Nashville. They would be able to have time to themselves when he was working on the song. It was going to be great.

"When are we leaving?" she questioned.

"In a week we'll be headed out on a plane. Is that enough time to get time off of work?" he wondered.

"I'm on good terms with my boss and I haven't missed a shift since I started working there so I'm sure she'll give it to me. I've been nothing but faithful."

"Good," he grinned, pecking her on the lips. He couldn't get enough of her. "I hate to cut this beautiful morning short because I loved waking up with you in my arms, but I have a lot to do before we leave."

"It's alright, go! Get your cute little butt out of here!" she shooed him off, tapping him on the butt as he walked away.

He laughed and shook his head at her antics as he went out the door.

*One Week Later*

Dakota and Billy walked into the airport with their luggage in tow. They were finally leaving to go to Nashville. Just a couple more hours until their flight left.

They went through baggage and security and sat down for a quick lunch in the food court before heading over to the terminal. Soon after, they boarded the plane. Not much was said on the plane ride, but they held hands the entire way. Before they knew it, they had arrived in Nashville.

Dakota was astonished as they drove through Nashville to the apartment Billy's manager had managed the snag them for the time they were out here. It was nothing like she had seen. Being stuck in her hometown her whole life besides going to college, she'd never seen a city so big in her life. It was wondrous and glamorous and a woman's dream!

Billy glanced at her occasionally as he navigated the Tennessee roadways with the rental car. There was a smile on his face at the look of awe on her own. He let it all sink in as he drove to the apartment.

When they arrived at the apartment, another look of awe appeared on her face. He laughed as she twirled around in the living room area.

"So, what do you think?" he asked, curious.

"I love it!" she exclaimed. "This place is awesome! I can't believe you lived here for four years!"

"I'm glad you like it, cause this is our home for a while."

She approached him slowly, swaying her hips seductively. She placed her hand on his chest and bit her lip.

"That means I get you all to myself?" she asked.

He gulped. "Yes, it's just you and me."

She got onto her tip toes and whispered in his ear, "I can't wait."

Then she ran off to explore the apartment. Billy wiped the sweat from his brow and watched her retreating figure. She was such a tease. Was he going to survive living here with her? Who knows. All that matters to him is mending their friendship and showing her who he truly is, that he hasn't changed from that ten year old boy she used to know. He was the same person he used to be. He couldn't wait to get her out on the town and show her around. She was going to have so much fun that she wouldn't want to go back to Rhode Island. And that was his goal.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~