Chapter 1

*Natasha's POV*

"What am I doing with my life?" I say aloud. "I don't know, but I'd like my coffee before Saint Patricks day," says a man in the back of the diner. This is my story, Natasha Nichols. The girl with an interesting backdrop, the one of a million words. "Aye," a guys says sitting down on a barstool by me. It is Jaime, my Best-Friend and a regular here. "You want your regular Jaim?" He nods. "Here you are, scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast with 1 slice of butter and a dip of ketchup. That'll be 5 bucks." "You feel. I am proud," he says. I always felt like an outsider, some think I am a hardcore communist, just because I was born in Russia. I sometimes miss it, I've only been here 7 years. We moved when I was 10. Thank god that now we are on Winter break and marching band season is over. Speaking of which, that is how Jaime and I met, 3 years ago at band camp we finally talked. He played a flute solo and of course I am just with the sousaphone. He came and talked to me after the band man had me play half of a piece by myself. That because he thought I was in the back talking to a trumpet player, although I played it perfectly when he made me. Jaime thought it was radical that someone my height and weight played such a big instrument. And that is the story of how I met him.