Chapter 3

I run home to get on a pair of Doc Martens, a Ralph Lauren white sweater, and some American Eagle skinny jeans. I also touch up my foundation. Jaime has his SUV parked in my drive-way and rings the door, I always feel like a soccer mom in that. "You ready?" he yells from the living room. "Yea I'll be right down!" I shout back. I run into the living room, "You look beautiful," he says. The weird thing is that a few times in the 6th grade we had kissed and from that I feel we are closer. I wave at him, "let's go." We hop in his car and immediately I connect my phone to the radio and start playing Fall Out Boy. Well this is wonderful, we either fight over the station or he just shuts up and let's me put on my iPod. We have arrived, this place is radical to us because we come here weekly together. Of course I force him into Francesca's and he makes me go into Zumiez, I like the place but it is basically Vans, back-packs, and boards. Not very much stuff. He walks out with a set of Vans. When I leave Francesca's I get out with a pastel shirt, silver cuff, and a set of blue earrings, because of sales 15 bucks. Why did I just do that. We walk with our hands together forcing each other into various stores. By 3 hours there we get Starbucks, him a cafe mocha, I get a vanilla frappe extra whipped. I pay this time, every time we go we switch who pays. We head home after going to dELiA*s, I have always liked having Jaime as a friend.