Fools Game: Love (BoyxBoy) Chapter 3

The first most painful thing in the world is having a crush. The second is hiding it and the third being the person you have a crush on being completely oblivious to how you feel.

 Luckily I have numbers two and three knocked off my list, but I still had number one, and one is painful enough - that having all three, must be agony. Still, here I am, having run away from my ‘crush’ because I was afraid of being in love.

 I sighed, stirring my coffee as I thought. It was just typical that I had run away from the painful feelings of the heart to run straight into another.

 I sipped my coffee, allowing the bitterness of it to distract my thoughts. I hardly ate anymore… it was never appealing anyways but I wasn’t stupid enough NOT to eat, just not all the time… like three meals a day and such. I didn’t see the point and I didn’t want to.

 I sighed again, replaying the scene between Seth and I this morning. I couldn’t stop thinking about it and worse – it had only happened an hour and a half ago but still… it made my heart do an unnatural rhythm that should only be felt after jogging for twenty minutes and my mouth tasted bitter – but not from the coffee.

 Had I led him on without thinking? How stupid! Oops there’s that word again… but it’s so true. I am stupid – he’s my room mate! I had three more years of sharing a room with him – I couldn’t allow this to happen! I couldn’t!!

 “Hey what up?” I snapped my head up to Seth who sat down opposite me smiling like he always did and reaching over to take my coffee from my hands and sip it himself, his nose wrinkling at the bitterness of it… humm have a taste of my heart why don’t cha~

 “Eww that’s nasty – how can you drink this stuff anyways?” Seth placed my cup down in front of me again. I didn’t answer – nor did I want to. Wasn’t he going to say anything about this morning? Or was he faking innocence and pretending it didn’t happen… Talk about messing with my feelings, much.

 “Hallooo~ Come on Tristen! Talk to me! What’s up?” he playfully ruffled my hair, stressing the last bit of what he’d said. I leaned away from him – obviously he was going to fake innocence and pretend that nothing happened.

 “Nothing” I whispered and hated the croak in my voice, looking back down to my coffee and holding it tightly in my hands, not caring that it was burning me – though Seth noticed and gently took my wrists pulling my hands away.

 “You’ll burn your self if you do that~” he hummed, his hands sliding into mine and squeezing – Arse hole. I snatched my hands back and turned away from him, glaring down at the ground, like it would make my world right! Ha, Hopeless dream there – just like this crush!

 “Are you mad with me?” I heard him ask, and then sigh when I refused to answer. “Don’t be Tristen. I was just… playing” I noticed the hesitation in his voice and his words stung. I turned and narrowed my eyes but they widened when he was smiling… what the actual fu—

 “Come on! Let’s go eat!!” he jumped up and grabbed my hand pulling me and dragging me away from my coffee! What the hell!?

 “Wait Seth, I don’t want to eat!” I exclaimed, trying to pry his hand from mine! Lord, didn’t he know that this was just making things worse for me!?? Though, He quickly turned and pressed a finger to my lips making my eyes widen and my breathing hitch.

 “Shhhh… If you keep talking you’ll loose more weight! You skinny as it is~” I blushed as his eyes roamed up and down me… Why!? Why was he doing this!? And why was I letting him!?

 Again, I felt just as trapped now as I did in our room– like a freaking rabbit caught in the head lights. I was actually forgiving him and he was making me forget… maybe this was what I needed though, to forget… ah that would be wonderful – but again another false dream.