Chapter 21

''Just Leave''

Lilinth's POV:

Me and Ross went better and we haven't got any news from that creepy dude. Sincé the day in the hospital and I'm thinking about me and Ross. Are we really mean to be? I have been for a whole month thinking about it, I fought with my heart and brain plenty of times. It's scary to think about breaking up. But I was right. Ross got in so much trouble thanks to all this shit happening. But also it's just my problem. It's all about the baby too. He can't be fatherless. But I don't want to be my whole life with someone who is going to keep being hurt by me. And the worst of it, is the fact that I can do nothing about it. I looked up from my lap to the flat TV screen. I sighed and looked around. I lived in this house for a total of six months. We weren't together for a year yet. Maybe we need a break just for a little? No. I know this his hard and I can't do this but I don't want to keep hurting Ross physically. I sighed and looked down at my belly. I was carrying right now a Lynch baby. Whatever I do this baby is going to keep his and mine. I sighed. Again. Ross came through the door with a huge grin with a big bowl full of popcorn. He sat besides me and said ''Ready for movie time?'' I nodded and smiled at him. He left the bowl on his lap and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me over his chest. I just realized he was in boxers and shirt. I giggled and Ross looked down and said ''What?'' I looked up and said ''Why are you in your boxers? Did your pants run off from you?'' He laughed and said ''No, but I did'' I giggled again and rested my head on his chest again getting comfortable. I heard his heart beating against my ear. I felt guilty. I felt dirty. I felt bad. I don't want to break this beating heart. Maybe we were meant to be together as best friends. But my heart was telling me to be everything to him but friends and just that. He played the movie and Herbie played on. I smiled and took a handful of popcorn and ate one by one while watching the movie. After half an hour of not paying attention to the film Ross stopped it and said placing the bowl next to him on the other side and said ''Lil, are you okay?'' I nodded but he refused and lifted my chin up to look at him in the eyes. His hazel eyes were showing concern and care. I was about to cry. I couldn't break up with him. I couldn't stand seeing those beautiful eyes red, puffy and watery. I couldn't break his heart into pieces. I just couldn't. But I couldn't stay with him like this and seeing him torture himself for me. It kills me. Ross shook his head at  me and said ''Hunny, just tell me what's wrong'' I shook my head in no and said ''Ross, it's OK. You don't really need to be so worried. I'm just thinking'' He shook his head and said ''I know something is up Lilinth. You never over think things, unless you're planning some huge birthday party and you get stressed out, but you're not, so tell me'' I sighed and pulled away and said sitting into corner of the couch ''Ross, I guess we should try something new'' His face lit up like if you were proposing to a kid to go to candy land. Oh my god, I can't. I looked up at him and he said widening his eyes in his innocent self ''What is it?'' I sighed and said ''Maybe we should try to get back to see if... we still are best friends'' ''Of course we are! We are super close! Maybe closer!'' I sighed and said ''Ross... Can we please. Leave?'' ''Leave to where?'' He said still grinning ''Nowhere Ross. Just leave'' ''Stay here and leave. What are you saying? What should we leave?'' ''Us'' Once I said it he first looked confused but then his face turned pale. His stare was blank and totally empty of emotion. Then he breathed in and out an said ''A-Are you breaking up with me?'' I looked down and I said ''I guess so'' I just heard him sniff and then get up and run upstairs while I heard his hysterical sob. I had done it. I broke his heart.