2.3

The water was cold. That's one of the few things Felix remembers before it all went black. He can also remember the horrible sound of the train trying to break, and the shrieks of passengers as they saw the three boys jump. The river was not shallow, but the current was fast. Xavier was the first to surface.

He looked across the water, and soon spotted his brother and Felix a few meters down stream. The current soon brought them to the side of the river.

"Bloody hell, you're insane." Xavier said as Nolan pulled Felix out of the water.

"Don't you dare say sh*t, Xavier. Felix isn't breathing." Nolan spat back laying Felix down, and propping his head up attempting to clear his airway.

"H-His scars are opening." Xavier said taking his shirt off, and pressing it against the scars.

Sirens cut through the night as an ambulance pulled up beside them. A woman got out, and raced to the boys.

"What happened?" She asked as she began chest compressions on Felix.

"We w-were on the bridge. Our only choices were getting hit by the train or jumping off the bridge." Nolan explained.

"Did anyone see how he hit?" The woman asked as a man from the ambulance came to them with a gurney.

"I was beside him, he hit his head on a few rocks." Nolan said in a broken voice as Xavier frowned. He had been beside Felix too, but saw nothing.

"We need to get him to the hospital immediately. We need you two to also come, you could have internal bleeding." The woman said as they loaded Felix on the gurney.

"Can I come with you in the ambulance?" Both boys coursed as they began to walk towards the ambulance.

The woman looked at the two before speaking.

"I can't tell which one of you two is the boyfriend, or if both of you are, I only have room for one. So decide quickly." The woman said quickly.

"You go, Nolan. I'll go get the car." Xavier said quickly as he began to run in the direction of the car they had parked when they went up to the train tracks, as Nolan followed them to the ambulance.

This story has been told before if you have noticed, Darling. And I wonder if this one will be any different. If you haven't noticed, stories that end the same are boring.

_______________

Happy New Year!

How has your year been?

What was the best part of your year?

I love talking to readers.

Love.