3. A new step

Funeral day.

The funeral was happening here in Canada, but I was going to bury my parents in korea. Umma would have wanted that and Appa would have wanted to be with Umma. And where else would I bury oppa other than beside our beloved parents.

When Jinwoo and Soeun woke up this morning. They hugged each other and cried. They did not need me to explain. They understood just by looking at me.

I hugged them and held in my tears. I needed to be strong and calm for them.

-Everything's gonna be alright.

- Unnie...called my little sister while sobbing

-hm Soeun-ah?

-They went to a beautiful place right?

- Pabo, said Jinwoo. Of course. He was crying too, yet trying to look strong in front of his little sister. Appa, Umma and hyung are amazing people, of course now they are in heaven.

-Jinwoo is right ouri donsaeng. Umma and appa and oppa are now very happy. They in a much better place and they are protecting us from above.

This afternoon, during the funeral, me and my siblings had no more tears. Our lacrimal glands are out of stuck. A lot of people came. Relatives and friends. My best friends came, I'll present them later. You see, right now is not really the time for presentations. They hugged me. It lasted like forever. Well, every minute, no every second seem to never end to me.

Some relatives caught my attention. They were heading toward my donsaengs.

-Jinwoo right? you must be 16 years old now. I'll take you with me, I'll take cake of you! said an aunt that probably saw once in my life and that one time is today,

Another women approached Soeun.

- I'll take you with me then! You're the maknae who is 7 years old right?

A lot of people started to argue who would take who. I felt my blood boiling. How dare they do that now? I know the all came just because of people's eyes. They want to take of them? My ass they just want the money. Our family was never close to any relatives beside of uncle, yet my uncle had a witch for a wife. They would all open their mouth just to say crap, insult, gossip, bring down and talk about money.

I went to them and removed the two women's hands from my siblings.

-They ain't going anywhere. They are staying with me. kaja. I said as I went out with my siblings, followed by my besties.

-Areum-ah! where are you going? asked Sunji, my childhood friend

- Home, I need to pack, we are going to Korea tomorrow, to bury my parents and oppa. I remember that calm and beautiful place where we enjoyed doing picnics. They would love being there.

-Okay! said Miraie,my high school friend. And you think you are going there alone?

-No, uncle will come too, but just for one day, to help me and then, the same evening he has to come back for his work.

-Pabooo! said Sunji and Mirae at the same time. We are coming with you! They said smiling, trying to cheer me up.

I was so thankful, even tho I couldn't show, I was. Their smile is such a big support. What would I without them? Thank you so much.

-Kajaaaa! said Mirae, we'll take my car!!! get in!

I sat in the back with Jinwoo and Soeun. Mirae was the one driving and Sunji took the front seat.

-Here we go. said Mirae.

She really is trying hard to make us smile. Thank you my dear friend.