Log entry 1

I don't even know why I just started thinking about Bucky...

No scratch that. I do know. It's been a few weeks since the trouble in Washington. Since Bucky appeared so suddenly back in my life, then left just as quickly. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. I thought he was dead... I watched him die, and the pain was the worst I had ever felt. Then on the bridge, when I realised that the enemy - the Winter Soldier - was none other than my best friend. That hurt too. There seems to be so much pain when I think about him, and my mind still hasn't recovered.

Sam kinda specialises in this stuff, (albeit not normally in my circumstances). He recommended I write a.. well, I would call it a journal, about my relationship with Bucky and everything I remember from before. It's meant to bring closure or something, help me come to terms with the sudden change and loss. So here I am, logging everything. Tony said the log is very securely encrypted, so... I'm not going to leave anything out. If this will work, I need to keep no secrets from myself, lay it all bare.

Even those thoughts that I have suppressed so much for so long. The ones which could've landed me in jail back in the 30s. I won't let myself back out of this now.