Chapter 1

Down, down, down I fell, tumbling head over heels through the seemingly endless black abyss. It all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to scream before gravity took my life into its hands. I fell for what seemed like hours, not knowing what fate I would meet when I finally reached the bottom. Eventually, it became impossible to tell which direction was up or down. The hole I fell through offered no help, as the sun had just set on Mount Ebott.

Soon, I was able to just make out something yellow, and it was approaching very quickly.

THUD.

I lay still on the ground, and slowly reopened my eyes. My head hurt like hell, but, miraculously, nothing seemed broken. I slowly sat up and brushed my wild mane of black hair out of my face. Examining my surroundings, I found myself on a bed of soft golden flowers, which were the only visible thing in the pitch-black cave. I was scared and confused and mad, which was new in terms of emotions for me. It takes A LOT to get me to feel anything significant. But at that moment, I wanted nothing more than to sleep. So, I made my way over to the darkest corner of the room and knelt down, feeling my skull elongate into a muzzle and ears moving to the top of my head, while my hands and feet turned into paws that were connected to a sleeker, longer body by four strong, but slightly short legs. Black fur wrapped my body in a blanket of warmth. I curled up into a little furry ball, and fell into a deep sleep.

Yeah, I turned into a wolf. Relax. I'll get to that in a minute.

____________________________________________________________________

Something poked me. Something smooth and waxy. I immediately awoke and snapped up to face the perpetrator.

"Howdy!" it chirped, retracting a green vine that seemed to act as an arm back into its body, which was also green and waxy. On top of its stem-like body was a golden flower, identical to the ones that had broken my fall the previous night. Except this one had a face. Two simple black eyes, and one wide grin.

I leapt into a defensive position, lowering myself closer to the ground, claws out. I bared my fangs, and growled what I thought would be a deep, menacing growl. But it came out weak and high-pitched. It was probably pretty adorable, really. A 7 year-old girl as a fluffy little wolf pup trying to scare the hell out of a smiling, talking flower. ... Yeah. I'm not proud of that.

The flower pretended to be terrified, then just giggled. "Oh, don't worry about little ol' me! I'm not gonna hurt you!"

Still not trusting it, I stood my ground.

"Let's try this again! Howdy! I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower!" Flowey paused, expecting me to introduce myself.

He began to get slightly annoyed when I still didn't respond. "What's YOUR name?" he persisted, through gritted teeth. If he had teeth...

"..Sh-Shawna..." I allowed.

"Shawna! What a nice name!" Flowey cheered. "Now, I see you're new to the Underground, so why don't I tell you how things work down here?"

"Okay..." Since he hadn't killed me yet, I decided to relax, just a bit though. It's just in my nature to never fully let my guard down, to never completely trust someone. There's always more to a person then what you see. I turned back into my human form and gave my attention to the flower.

"O-oh! W-wow! That's a neat... trick!" said Flowey, clearly confused with my sudden change of form.

With me silent again and not explaining anything, he decided to just move on.

"Okay! Here we go!"

Everything melted into black and white. Flowey stood in front of me, above a white-edged box. Below the box were some letters and numbers: "LV 1" and "HP 20/20".