Questions

The thing most of the male student body in Hogwarts feared the most was approaching faster than expected. With only 2 days until the Ball everyone was making sure they had their outfits and their dates. Sadly enough for me I had neither.

"Stop looking so glum you're starting to look like Harry and Ron." Said Hermione as herself, Ginny and I walked down to breakfast.

"So Ginny you're going with Neville?" I questioned.

"Yeah he asked me. How sweet is he?" She said smiling at us happily.

"He really is a sweetheart. The girl that ends up with him will be a lucky one." I stated as the girls nodded in agreement. We then heard loud footsteps coming our way.

"Guess who just got dates." Said two very relieved boys as the came skidding to a stop next me.

"Well my logical guess would be you but that's too easy. Maybe Flint?" I joked.

"Haha very funny." said Harry giving me a slight push.

"Do you have a date yet?" Asked Ron.

"Nope." I said smiling sadly.

"I bet someone one will ask you today." Said Hermione.

"Yeah I bet." I said sarcastically.

"Well whatever let's go to the black lake." Suggested Ginny.

"Yeah sure." Hermione and I agreed.

"I think I would rather eat." stated Ron as him and Harry continued their walk down to the Great Hall. While Hermione, Ginny and I made our way down to the tree next to the Black lake to find someone already sitting there.

"Who is it?" Questioned Ginny.

"I can't tell." I replied as I tried to get a good look at the person's face. We approached to find Cedric sitting there with a nervous expression on his face while looking down at a rose in his hand.

"Hey Cedric." I greeted him as I sat down next to him.

"Oh hey Devona." He said really surprised and ervous.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Oh... uhm... oh." He said looking around nervously. Hermione and Ginny seemed to get some sort of message that I didn't for they left right there and then.

"Cedric are you ok?" I ask as I lightly grab his arm to make him look at me.

"I'm.... I'm fine." He croaked out.

"Ok, you are obviously not fine what's wrong?" I asked.

"Uhm..Well...Devona do you... uh... want to... maybe go to the.. uh Yule Ball.... with me?" He asked nervously.

"I would love to Cedric." I said giving him a hug.

"Really?" He asked looking at me with an unsure smile.

"Really." I replied kissing his cheek.

"Yay!" He exclaimed making me chuckle.