Writing Cute and Humourous Scenes ~ @HopesPrayersNSmiles

From the queen of writing romance HopesPrayersNSmiles. Need I say more?

1. Firstly, you need to know that cute and humour are two different factors yet they go hand in hand many a times. Most of the cute and humorous scenes I write are based on my real-life experience or something I come across in life. Of course, many a times it is from imagination, too. 😉

So, if you plan on writing these kinds of scenes, keep your eyes open. Observe people around you and derive your concepts from there. Writing a story is not when you sit in front of your laptop and decide to type down the chapters. It's when you plan on writing a story and your mind is continuously making up things that can go with the flow of your writing even while you are doing other stuff.

2. Making the readers laugh is not easy. Writing humour is tricky because at times the readers may not get the joke. When you write a scene in that category, imagine yourself as a reader. If the words you've chosen sound funny to you as a reader, then go ahead with them. Having said that, don't be afraid to try out things. Give your thoughts liberty.

3. To write cute scenes you need to frame your words properly. The combination of words used should be right and the whole scene should be well-planned.

Taking an example from BM3 (Not available on Wattpad anymore, unfortunately ~Amu), there's a time when a 3-year-old is scared to step on a weighing scale because he thinks it hurts to stand on it. When asked what makes him scared, he says, "Why does mommy cry every time she steps on it?" My readers found this very cute.

Now imagine yourself writing a scene like this. You need to give a clear picture where the little boy is afraid of it and the people around have no clue why. Even after you've written down that innocent dialogue of what the little kid says, there's no harm in giving a bit of explanation along the lines of, "Oh that's why he's scared. He has always seen his weight-conscious mommy cry every time she checks her weight." Yeah, something like that to just make things clear.

4. Using kids or showing a bubbly girl in the story helps writing such scenes. Along with their innocence and friendly attitudes, these characters add a tinge of cuteness and humour if you plan things out.

5. Lastly, let your scenes be relatable. We all are different and living in different households but there are many factors that people can relate to in your writing. This concept is not just for writing cute and funny scenes but works well in that forte too. When your readers come across relatable aspects, it draws their attention. This is a very strong aspect to be considered.