Chapter 1

Lillian's POV

"Emery are we almost there?" My voice laced with excitement.
"Yes we are, calm down you've asked that like every ten minutes!"
Emery and I have been driving for hours and I'm starting to get restless. We are moving out to LA to start fresh after our parents passed away. Both of us were in a rut and spent countless days being upset and we felt like we needed a change. Another reason we came to the conclusion to move is because our creativity was being greatly strained. Emery and I both rely on our creative minds to move us forward in life, he is in a band and they are on the rise so it is crucial that he stays focused. I am also a singer/song writer, and artist, a dancer, and an actress. I've helped Emery, Ricky and Liam write a few of their songs and we've spent countless nights staying up just to finish a song. We are all very close, even though three boys can get annoying sometimes!
"Are you excited to see Ricky and Liam?"
"Yes! Ever since they moved out to LA we kinda hit a road block with our band, I think it'll be nice for us to all be in the same place."
"We're almost there! They'll be at the house when we get there right? I miss those two idiots!"
Emery laughed, "They should be there, but you know Ricky he's late to everything! Also all of our stuff should be there so we can start unpacking."
The more we talked about our new home the more excited I get, I looked down to see my phone and Ricky texted me "Ricky said he wanted to take us out for lunch before we started unpacking."
"Good because I'm starving!"
We pulled into the neighborhood and I practically jumped out of my seat. When we got to the house Liam and Ricky were standing outside, before Emery could even stop the car I opened the door and ran to the boys. I jumped on Ricky and gave him a huge hug.
"I missed you so much Lil. How was the drive?" Ricky tried to pull me off but I was still taking in the fact that we were finally here and I didn't want to let go.
Emery finally parked the car and joined the reunion. "Liam I missed you bro!"
They did a quick bro hug and both of them gave Ricky and I a strange look because we were still hugging.
"I better get the same quality hug he got because I missed you too!" Liam acted jealous so I ran over to him and gave him a bug hug too.
"Wow I can't believe we're here!" I was in awe and I couldn't believe this was happening.
"And I'm starving so let's go eat!" We all agreed with Ricky and got in the car. Ricky wanted to drive because he wanted the restaurant to be a surprise.
"So Lils we have another surprise for you!" I used to hate it when Ricky called me Lils, he's the only one who does everyone else calls me Lilly, I've learned to get over it because even if I hated it Ricky would still use it.
We arrived at the restaurant and took our seats, it was a really nice place and it seemed very fancy. I looked around in awe, "What's the surprise?"
The only surprise I was aware of was the restaurant but I didn't think they had anything else planned.
"So you know how we got a pretty big house?" Emery reminded me of the four bedroom house we bought. At first I thought it was ridiculous but we got a great deal and together we came up with ideas for the other two rooms. "Yeah? We were gonna make one of the rooms a movie room and the other one was gonna be a guest bedroom."
They all looked at me with suspicious smiles, "Not anymore!"
"What are you guys talking about?" I looked at Liam as he spoke.
"Well we talked about it and we thought it would be a great idea for all of us to live together!"
"No way! Are you guys just messing with me?" I didn't really believe them because they liked to play a lot of tricks on me.
"We're not lying! Our stuff is already unpacked and in your house!" I freaked out and hugged Ricky because he was sitting next to me, then I got up and hugged Liam and Emery.
"I'm so excited! It'll be just like our old sleepovers, but this time it'll never end!"
They all laughed at my childish excitement, I couldn't help it they're my best friends.
"Wait. If you guys already unpacked your stuff in the house that means you already picked your rooms. I wanted to be the first person to pick my room!" I made a pouty face at the realization.
"I already thought about that, Emery said we could pick whichever rooms we wanted because he didn't care but I knew you would so I tried to pick the one that you would like the most, Liam helped too but it was mostly me!" I laughed while Ricky took credit for the whole thing.
"Well thank you that means a lot."
"Yeah I wanted you to be happy, and if you don't like it then I'm willing to trade you. I haven't completely set up yet so I wouldn't mind moving my stuff again."
"Thank you Ricky! I'm sure I'll love it so you won't have to move all your stuff again."
The conversation died down once we got our food. All of us were really hungry so we finished eating pretty fast. The whole time we were eating Ricky kept kicking me, he thought it was funny because it scared me every time so I would drop my food.

"Ricky I swear if you don't stop I will stab you with a spoon!"
Everyone laughed, "Awe you think you can hurt me with a spoon, how cute!"
"Don't mess with me and my food Ricky." I glared at him and he laughed again.
"She's an angry elf!" He was mocking how short I was. They all treat me like I'm so much younger than them but I'm the same age as Liam and Ricky.
"I'm not an elf! I'm not even that short." I was pouting as we walked out of the restaurant and Ricky put his arm around me.
"You know I was just kidding right? Your just fun to mess with." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.
"Just for that you have to help me unpack my room!"
He nodded his head and we got in the car and drove home.

Once we got to the house I made Ricky show me my room.
"Okay so here's my room, and there's yours" we had walked upstairs and the were two rooms next to each other.
"You pick a room next to you on purpose didn't you!" I laughed when he turned pink in the cheeks.
"Yeah I wanted you to have a good looking neighbor!" I rolled my eyes at how cheesy he was.
When I walked into my room it was bigger than I expected. There was one big window in the corner of the room with a bench underneath it and a glass door that lead out to a small balcony. To the right there was a walk in closet and on the left was a door that lead to a bathroom that would be shared with Ricky.
"Wow this is perfect, thank you for saving this room for me Ricky!"
"You're welcome Lils, I knew you'd love it." I gave him another hug, and then went to work on the room. I wanted to paint my room, the white walls were too plain for me. I've always painted when I was bored, instead of a canvas I want to use my walls to fill them with my art. The boys helped me move all of the heavy furniture after that I had Ricky help me decorate the big room. When we were done Ricky sat on my bed, I laid down with my head on his and we talked for a little bit.
"Are you excited to start your new life in LA?"
"Well duh of course I am, I'm kinda scared though."
"Why? You came out here for inspiration and to follow your dreams."
"That's what I'm afraid of. What if I'm not good enough for this town?"
"Lils that's ridiculous. You're so talented! You sing and act and you are a marvelous writer, and your art blows me away. Everything that you do is incredible and you're going to grow and make it so far."
"You forgot my dancing." I looked up and gave him a small smirk.
"Really that's what you say after all of that? I've never seen you dance Lils, but I'm sure it just as wonderful as everything else you do."
I laughed, "Thank you Ricky, you always know what to say. That's why you're my best friend!" I yawned after a few seconds of silence.
"You are a force of nature Lils, now go take a nap, you've had a long day." He started playing with my hair and it relaxed me to the point were I started to fall asleep.
~~~
I woke up from my nap confused because Ricky was gone and the sounds of my annoying brother and his bandmates being very loud. They were laughing and playing music. I assumed they were doing another cover for their YouTube channel. The music wasn't bad but I was still tired so it annoyed me. I got out of bed and decided to go for a run, I changed into a pair of running shorts and a sports bra and my favorite running shoes. After I put my hair up I went downstairs to tell the boys were I was going.
They were practicing their harmonies for their next video and when I walked into the living room the were all singing and when they saw me they all stopped. Liam and Emery covered their eyes and when Ricky saw them he realized he should do the same. "Lillian put some clothes on! You can't Judy walk around like that anymore you live with three guys!" Emery was being the overly protective brother that he always is.
"Relax I'm just going for a run, you don't have to cover your eyes its not like I'm naked." After I said that they all slowly pulled their hands away from their eyes.
"Why are you going for a run?" Ricky was having a hard time speaking normally and I knew it was because I was half naked in front of him.
"It helps me think, I want to paint but I don't know what to paint. So I'm going on a run to help me."
"Lilly I'm not comfortable with you going out like that."
"Liam I know your my cousin but you don't need to protect me like Emery, I'll be fine."
"I'll go with her if you guys want." I rolled my eyes because now Ricky was joining in the overly protective party.
"Will you please let him go with you? It would make me feel better."
"Whatever just hurry up and get ready Ricky."
"I'm on it Lils!"
Ricky took a few minutes to change and we finally got to leave.
"Keep her safe Ricky? Don't do anything stupid!"