Chapter 5

Lilly's POV

Its been about three months since we moved to LA, and I've never been more busy in my life. I never really get to see the boys anymore, the only time we really talk is during dinner. Even still we don't have dinners together that often, I have a very different schedule then them. I missed spending time with them so I texted Emery to ask what kind of dinner he wants me to make.
"So I wanna make a dinner for all of us, we all haven't gotten to spend that much time together since I've started working. What do you want me to make?"
"The boys want steak and potatoes. Do you think you could do that?"
"Yep! Thank you, I'll see you tonight at 7!"
When I got to the store I got all of the ingredients I need to make the steak and potatoes. I drove back home and it was too early to start cooking so I decided to clean up the house, living with three boys can get chaotic. I was cleaning the kitchen and singing to myself when someone opened the front door, then I heard a big slam.
"I thought you guys weren't supposed to get done until 7?"
"Its just me, and we weren't but I left." Ricky didn't sound happy, I couldn't tell if he was angry or if he was sad.
"What happened?"
"I can't talk to Emery anymore without him giving me attitude and Liam doesn't even know what happened and he's taking his side! I got tired of it today so I left, I was sick of being treated like that."
"I'm sorry. This is my fault."
"It isn't your fault that I'm in l- that I like you." He stumbled over his words and I chose to ignore it.
"Well it is my fault that I like you too, this is just gonna keep getting in the way of you and Emery."
"I don't care anymore, I'm tired of his attitude. He doesn't need to be so protective of you!"
"He just cares about me. Maybe a little too much."
"I care about you too! And I care about him and I hate making him angry. I just don't know what to do anymore." His head fell and he closed his eyes. I didn't know what else to do so I walked over to him and gave him a hug.
"Ricky if he really cares about both of us he'll come around. He already sees how happy you make me, he just needs to know that he's not gonna lose either of us."
"Lils how do you always know what to say?"
I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Its because I'm a robot and all of my responses are preprogramed to be perfect. But shhh that's a secret don't tell anyone." I pulled away from the hug and winked at him.
"I knew it! I knew you were too perfect!" We both laughed but he stopped and stared at me for a few seconds. He moved my hair away from my face slowly, but he kept his hand on my cheek. His eyes scanned my face and they made their way to my lips.
"You know I would never hurt you right?" He spoke slowly and his eyes burned into mine.
"Well I do now." I turned my face to look away before I started blushing. He gently made me look at him again, "No Lils I'm serious. I need you to know that and I also really need to do something."
"I do know that Ricky, I feel safe with you and I know you wouldn't change that."
His eyes moved to my lips again then his eyes locked with mine, "Can I kiss you?"
I smiled and nodded, "I thought you'd never ask."
He moved one had from my cheek and placed it on my waist and pulled me closer, I put both of my arms around his neck. Everything about that kiss was perfect, our lips moved perfectly in sync. He was so gentle as if he was afraid to hurt me, yet there was so much passion. When we pulled away I was breathless and speechless.
"I've been waiting to do that since your audition."
"Then why didn't you?"
"You know I don't really know. I had a lot of chances."
"You should start taking your chances." I winked at him and started to walk away.
"Okay!" He grabbed my waist and turned me around then he kissed me again, "Be careful what you wish for." He winked and then let me go.
~~~~~
A few hours had passed and it was time to cook dinner, Emery and Liam would be home in about an hour. I had plenty of time to make the steak and potatoes. Ricky went upstairs to take a shower so I turned on some music and went to work. While I was coming Enough About Me started playing on my Pandora station. I don't care what anyone tells you, I am the number one fan to my big brother's band! I started singing and dancing around the kitchen. I was doing the foot thing that they did in their music video and when they perform on stage then the song ended and I heard laughing and clapping.
"Wow you perform it better then we do!"
I turned red and hid my face. "How long have you been standing there?"
"The whole time. I thought you would notice me but you were too caught up in the song." He laughed again.
"Can we just erase your memory and forget about all of that?"
"Nope because it was adorable!" He poked my nose and kissed my cheek before jumping up on the counter and sitting.
"You know we have chairs for a reason?"
"Yeah but that's no fun! When is dinner gonna be ready, I'm hungry!"
"Ricky you're always hungry, quit complaining its almost done. I'm really just waiting for Emery and Liam to get home."
"I can't wait for them! I'm going to die!" He put his hand on his forehead dramatically and sighed.
"You'll survive drama queen, I promise."
Just as I said that Liam and Emery walked through the door.
"That smells amazing! Thank you Lilly!" Liam was very excited to eat. Sometimes when their working they don't get very many breaks to eat and these boys eat a lot, so when they get home they basically devour the entire kitchen.
"If you guys go sit down then I'll bring it out to you guys."
"I'll help you!" Ricky offered but I declined.
"No go sit down, I did this because you guys have been working so hard. So let me do this."
I heard Liam snicker and whisper to Emery, "Yeah because coming home early because he can't handle the stress is working so hard."
"Excuse me? Liam if your gonna say something about me I'd prefer you talk to me about it to my face. If you have a problem let's talk about it instead of being childish."
"Me? Childish? At least I'm not the one letting a girl come between my closest friendship!"
"No one is coming between us! You guys just have this sick delusion in your head that I'm going to leave you for Lilly! This has never been a problem before we moved in together. I'm tired of being treated like this, you guys aren't hearing where I'm coming from and you just assume I'm gonna throw all of our hard work away!" Ricky was yelling at this point.
"Can't you see what your doing Ricky? Emery and I are working so hard to make our band out there! You're not putting near as much work in because your distracted by her! And Emery agrees with me, you're letting her change you!" Liam was yelling now and I felt like crying. I couldn't believe I was causing all of this.
"Lils isn't the problem!" I've never heard Ricky yell so loud, and honestly it was kind of scary. "I'm trying to balance the band with my TV show and this movie and all of the other things I have to do to be a successful actor! Yes I want our band to be a success but I up to hear with stress!" He threw his hand ubove his head. "You guys are just trying to find excuses to be mad at me for the band not being the only thing I'm working on right now. And frankly I think its messed up that you even brought Lils into this! She hasn't done anything, yes I like her and that's not a big deal she isn't getting in the way of everything so just leave her out of this!"
We all stood there for a second and tears threatened to spill from my eyes.
"I-i'm sorry Lilly. I didn't mean to say all of that." Liam's eyes turned from anger to compassion.
"Don't. I don't want to hear it, I'm glad I know how you feel. And I'm so glad my own brother feels the same way. After everything we've all been through together I'm the reason that all of this is falling apart?"
I couldn't help but let a tear fall, Ricky tried comforting my by rubbing my back but I turned away.
"Please don't, I wouldn't want you to get distracted by me and not be able to work."
"Lilly please listen to me. I didn't mean all of that." Liam's eyes pleaded.
"Really? If you didn't mean it then why the hell would you way it? You guys had this idea that Ricky liking me would tear you guys apart and before anything even happened between us you let that idea grow. And because of that false assumption that you guys believed in so much you tore us apart. Not me, you guys were so consumed in the idea that you let it happen. So don't blame this on me, I didn't do anything. Blame yourselves."
They all stood speechless, "Don't bother trying to apologize and don't even think of talking to me for a long time. You need to fix this on your own, not me. Enjoy your dinner." With that I walked upstairs to my room and locked my doors.
I heard yelling from all three of them so I cranked my music and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't drown out the noise so I grabbed a jacket and put on some shoes, I was gonna go for a drive to clear my mind. I packed a small bag, the boys weren't going to be seeing me for a while. They needed to work on their own problems and I needed to work on me. It was best we took a break from each other.
~~~~~~~
A/N
Thank you for reading! I'm trying to update at least 2 times a week but every time I sit down to write I get distracted so I'm sorry.
What did you guys think about this chapter??