Chapter 10: A Mission

I sat down on the desk, feeling quite relaxed. I saw a large shadow at the corner of my eye.

"Don't even think about touching me," I warned.

"Argh fine." Nathan sighed and sat down.

Not long after, the doorbell rang.

He stood up and looked at me.

"It's probably Jason with those clothes. I'll be right back."

"Oh, ok. He better not come up here." I muttered.

I watched his large figure as he walked out of the room. I leant against a pile of books Nathan had put on his desk recently; waiting for him to hurry back up with my new clothes. I guess I'm rather lucky that Nathan knows Jason- otherwise I would've been screwed. It had been 10 minutes, and I was wondering what was taking them so long.

"Oh, come on!" I moaned. Seriously how long does it take?

I stood up in relief as I heard loud footsteps coming up towards Nathan's room. I then heard muttering in the distance and more footsteps.

Ohhhhhh crap.

Both of them are coming up, aren't they? No way am I seeing that disgusting creature again. I looked around on Nathan's desk. I could hide behind those books, I guess... I quickly ran towards the wall and hid behind the books. I then heard Jason's all-too-familiar voice and rolled my eyes.

"So all u gotta do is click on a button and then bam."

"That easy, huh?" I heard Nathan say.

My heart started pounding. I felt like a little kid playing hide and seek; desperate to win. Their voices got louder as they walked closer towards me.

"So where should I put the box then?"

"On the desk next to her."

"Alright, sure."

I felt the surface under me shake a bit as Jason walked towards it.

"Um, Nathan. She's not here."

"What?"

I smiled and wondered when Jason was going to leave when suddenly I was yanked off of the ground by a large warm hand.

"Don't worry- got her." Jason smiled.

I glared at him; giving him the most vicious look I could. He simply placed me back onto the desk and went to walk out of the room. Leaving that fast? No torment? Nothing to annoy me with?

"Bye, Nathan." He muttered as he walked away.

However, it sounded like he said something else too. I couldn't pick up any phrases as he spoke so quietly. I could've sworn he shoved something in Nathan's pocket as he left.

"See you around." He replied, and I saw his hand go towards his jeans pocket for a second. We then heard the door close downstairs as Jason left. That was weird. Oh well.

I looked up at Nathan and back at the box as he rolled his eyes.

"Let's get this show on the road," I said with some enthusiasm.

I watched as he opened the box in a few seconds. I couldn't help but wonder how long it would take me to open the box... It was so effortless for him. Everything was so effortless for him. I wanted to be his size- at least in this dimension anyway.

He began to carefully place all of the clothes on the desk beside me, and I looked at them in shock.

"Wow! They look like something I would buy back where I live! How were they even made?!?" I screeched.