Chapter 19

Chelsea and I arrived at the pool, not surprised to see Taylor and Nash along with Matt and Cameron.
They were splashing each other, squealing like little girls.
"Hello ladies!" Taylor called.
"Join us! We chased everyone else out!" Cameron added, jumping back into the crystal blue water.
I walked over to a vacant chair, followed by Chelsea.
As soon as Chelsea dropped her stuff, she literally threw her bag on the chair, let her towel fall to the ground and ran and jumped into the pool.
I laughed at her eagerness and sat on the chair.
"Adria!" Matt whined, dragging my name out.
"What?" I asked, in the same annoying tone he gave me.
"Come in! No four year old peed in the pool!"
I shook my head. "I'm good."

Chelsea flipped her hair back.
"Uh... You have no choice. Get your lazy ass in the pool before I smack you."

"Gee Chelsea. I thought you were my friend, not my ratchet mom" I said sarcastically.

Matt said something inaudible. The sound of moving water got louder. It went quiet for a second.

Two hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me over a shoulder.

I let a scream of surprise out.

Matt's laugh filled my ears.

"Matthew Lee Espinosa!" I yelled, punching and kicking.
He responded by swinging me into the air.

I snapped my eyes shut, expecting the worst.
Grabbing the closest thing I could touch, they were dragged into the pool with me.

A body slammed against mine as we smacked against the water surface.

Splashing for the surface, I gripped the pool edge.

"Matt! You ass!" I screamed, treading the water.

He shook his head and laughed at me.

"I could have died!" I struggled to make my point.

"Right, right." He said sarcastically, swimming over to me. "Because I would let you die, especially when you're right in front of me."
I rolled my eyes.

Matt reached for my hand. I resisted and lifted myself out of the pool.

I totally forgot about the others, who were in their own conversation.

"I'm going back." I told, but they didn't hear me.
After gathering my stuff up, I left.

Turning back only once, it kind of disappointed me that they didn't know.

"Wait!" Matt called.

Of course, I started running.
I don't know how long he chased me, but when I pushed the elevator button, all I heard was silence.