Resentment

👑
Amora's P.O.V

An inaudible sigh pushed past my lips as my fingers gently brushed over his tender flesh as we laid silently secured in each other's embrace. His free hand ran through my wild curls while the other one laid interlocked with mine under my worried gaze.

"William." I called softly unable to hold it in anymore. I couldn't quite understand how he could possibly be this calm after practically loosing it mere hours ago at the confession.

"Amora." He sighed his hands going still in my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked not quite knowing what else to ask him. There was no easy way to start such a conversation especially knowing that there was nothing I could possibly say that would make what he was now facing any easier to bear but I was willing to try. He was hurting and for the first time he did very little to hide that fact. His guarded walls had crumbled right before her tear stained face as she sobbed an apology to the person who once loved and cherished he leaving him heartbroken as he watched her walk out the door.

"I'm fine once you're here." He mumbled after a long pause  placing a gentle kiss on my forehead a soft lopsided smile tugging at his lips but it didn't quite reach his distant blue eyes. His response did very little to ease my worry.

                         ✨👑✨
* flashback
Earlier that morning

I sat looking as my fingers lazily ran through the silky curly mess of my sleeping two year old daughter's raven hair. For the first time in days the castle seemed to be at peace. The grey skies were no longer lit by bolts of lightening and the loud raw of thunder instead the sound of gentle rain drops kissing the moist earth filled the cool air. "He's going to kill her!" A panicked maid half screamed through labored breaths barging into the room scaring me half to death.

"What are you...,""My Queen you must go this very instant! The King ...he's going to hurt Dora! She's  in the kitchen." She panted yanking me out of my seat and pushing me in the direction of the door. The sound of my bear feet slapping against the cold marble rang in my ears as the realization hit me. The calm I just enjoyed was simply the well needed calm before the storm. And this storm was going to be like none that we've ever experienced before.

👑✨👑
William's P.O.V

My jaw tightened, my fist clenched crushing the ivory paper I held in my hand with meaningless words neatly written onto it in my father's handwriting faded into the deafening silence that surrounded me as I made complete sense of my current reality. My tired eyes slowly assessed her deathly pale skin and somewhat relaxed features. The perfectly round hole in her skull spelt instant death. I didn't care that he chose to kill her. Nor did I care that he thought that hiding it and leaving a crappy note with the words, "It had to be done." Would comfort me. What I cared about was the fact that he killed the only person who would be willing to tell me the truth.

The missing key to the puzzle of who my mother really was now laid covered by a white sheet in the mortuary with a bullet riddled body. "Prepare the body for burial and release a statement to the media that she died of a broken heart, heart attack or whatever I don't care really ." I spat before leaving the morgue. My head sagged low allowing my overgrown hair to fall onto my forehead and in that very moment in the dissolute hallway I allowed my walls to collapse.

The last bit of hope I secretly  held deep within me that I would find her was now gone leaving behind nothing but a empty feeling in my chest. And just like that I couldn't act like I didn't care that my father chose to lie to me for my entire life even up until death. He used my respect and love for him against me. He knew that once I learned about his ailment I wouldn't push him in fear of causing his weak heart to give out. Once was enough I couldn't bare to be the cause of another one of his heart attacks. In the end he played his cards right leaving me behind with a multitude of unanswered questions and he got to keep his secret.