Chapter 4: Drama Queens run the world

Rori Pena

After my close encounter with the Alexander Bianchi, I couldn't shake off the butterflies whirling in my stomach. What if he tells? What if everyone at school knows? Oh my gosh, then I'll have to transfer schools and leave Violet and Eli. God no. No, no, no! There's only one solution to this problem, I'll tell Miles to kill him and dump the body somewhere else. Yes, that works. Do you hear yourself Rori? Get a grip and get dressed for school, I thought as I threw off my comforter and made my way across my bedroom.

I threaded my fingers through my messy morning waves. I'm at a point where I just wanna rip my hair out in frustration. Obviously it has no respect for me, I know I sound like a whiny drama queen, but believe me when I say my hair hates me to the point it will never ever do as I want. Ironic how people never love their own hair.

I raised my head slowly and stared at myself in the mirror. I got the biggest eye bags the world has yet to see, due to my lack of sleep and my morning hair is not making that any better. I even wiped off a line of dried drool on my cheek, gross. If anyone saw me like this, it would be worse than my secret getting out. I hate mornings.

I took a deep breath, looking into my reflection. I shrugged we all have imperfections. I love myself tho, eye bags and all, I thought, practicing what my therapist had told me to do.

Letting out a big sigh, I padded for the bathroom and stripped off my SpongeBob printed pajamas before stepping into the shower. The warm water hitting my skin was relaxing and I felt myself unwinding; my tense and aching muscles relaxing under the hot water.

After 15 minutes, I got out and slipped on some underwear, then into a pair of jeans that were unflattering baggy in some parts and pulled on a plain white shirt with an oversized plaid shirt on top. I tied my hair in a low ponytail and for the finishing touch, my black rimmed glasses. I looked in the mirror making sure my outfit was inconspicuous enough.

I jogged downstairs to be greeted by Miles and his ever so stoic expression as he held out my canvas messenger bag "Good morning," I greeted, taking the bag in my hands.

"Good morning Miss," He led me into the dining room. "You have about ten minutes to have your breakfast because you are running late today." I looked up at him with an are you serious look. He gave me a sly smile. "No pressure."

I shook my head slightly, smiling to myself. After downing the rest of my orange juice I was set and finished just on time. I headed outside to wait for Violet and Eli to pick me up. They arrived shortly.

"Morning Rori!" Eli chirped from the back seat. Eli is not under any circumstances allowed to ride in the passenger seat especially not when Violet's driving, because there would be yelling and bickering and eventually we'd all be late to school.

"Get on princess or we'll be late," Violet stated calmly. I laughed before hopping on. Eli started informing me of some of the latest school gossip along the ride. It went on and on for about ten minutes before we finally arrived at the school's parking lot. The parking lot was littered with teenagers leaning against their cars talking and walking towards the school building. None of them really noticed us since they're too preoccupied with their cliques and I was cool with that. The less attention the better.