The High Warlock Of Brooklyn

To say Stiles was apprehensive about the situation would be an understatement. He wanted this, true, but he hadn't expected to meet Alec on his first night in New York. What would he be like, how would he dress, would he even like Stiles when he showed up? Stiles didn't know and he was having a hard time think of anything else. His dorm mate had disappeared into the crowd the second they had gotten there where as Stiles had hung back looking for a black headed Latino boy.

Anxiety ate away at Stiles abdomen as his eyes scanned the crowd once more. "I'd see him." Stiles though having seen multiple pictures of Alec in there short time of talking. "I'll know it's him."

Stiles made one more round about the party before concluding that Alec wasn't there yet. "Of course," Stiles reasoned, "it could take a while from where ever he is coming from."

Minutes passed and Stiles had begun dancing with multiple people. The beat pulses through his veins like blood from his heart, and he was finally enjoying himself. Every new person reminded him in a different way of every conversation he and Alec had.

Sweat dripped from Stiles forehead as a pretty girl swayed her hips in front of him. Her fingers ran through her hair as her eyes found Stiles'. A smile graced her lips as she moved in, closing the distance between herself and him.

Alec sat staring at his phone as the clock ticked on. Of course that's where the party was, that's where the party always was. No way could he possibly show up without making a scene, and he had no intention of going as of now. How in the world had Stiles managed such a feat on his first day in New York?

Scanning the time Alec cursed at himself, he had wanted to meet Stiles, he truly did, but not there. Alec couldn't possibly meet Stiles there. Not after all of the moments shared in that kitchen, or bedroom. Not after every word spoken aloud to those walls. Not after every kiss hidden behind those curtains. He couldn't possibly do that, not to either of them.

Deciding on shooting a text Alec pulled up Stiles new contact name,  Mieczyslaw. Quickly typing out a, "can't make it sorry," he hit send and waited for a text back.

Stiles stepped back from the blue eyed beauty as his phone vibrated in his back pocket. A smile lit up his face as he saw the text was from Alec. His face soon fell as he read the text, "He can't make it." He whispered aloud, obvious hurt evident in his voice.

Leaving the girl behind he pushed his way out of the dance floor and away from the speakers waiting for Alec to pick up his phone.

Alec wanted to let his phone go to voice mail the second he saw the caller ID. He didn't want to have to hear the disappointment in Stiles voice, and he didn't want Stiles to have to hear it in his own.

"Hello?" Alec answered anyways.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Stiles asked shoving his way to the front for the bathroom line.

"Um no actually my sister Isabelle did something to her ankle and she needs me to drive her to the hospital." Alec lied. His stomach began feeling queasy as he awaited Stiles reply.

"Oh god is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah," Alec started, the guilt already peaking, " but she wanted to make sure it wasn't broken."

"Well I guess I ought to go then. Tell me how she is when you find out."

"Will do."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Alec blew out a breath before falling back on his bed. He couldn't believe he has already lied to Stiles and they hadn't even met yet.

"There's one for the books." He muttered staring at the ceiling.

The second Stiles hung up with Alec he sent Izzy a quick text, "Hey Alec just told me about the ankle, I hope everything's all well. Best wishes."

Running a hand threw his hair Stiles decided he needed a drink.

"ALEC!" Isabelle screamed as she came storming into Alec's room unannounced. "What did you tell Stiles!?" She demanded.

"How do you know about Stiles?" Alec asked defensively.

"I stole his number out of your phone now what does he mean by 'Alec told me about the ankle', don't you dare tell me you lied to him." She said sounding protective of Alec's texting buddy.

"Izzy I had to," Alec starting his words coming out more depressed then Isabelle anticipated. "I couldn't meet him there I just, I couldn't."

Stiles took a gulp, reveling in the burning sensation as it slid down his throat. He was hurt, and he knew he shouldn't be. Obviously his sister's well being was much more important that meeting him but he still couldn't shake the upsetting feelings.

"Now honestly you're at a party why do you look so sad?" A man asked standing beside Stiles.

"It's just a by product of the booze." Stiles replied swiftly. 

"Is that so? Then I might just have to stop having it at these thing."

Alec took a deep breath before exhaling it. "I won't bring you into anymore of my lies if you cover for me this one time okay?"

"Fine." Isabelle said will less force then when she first entered.

Stiles tipped his cup to the olive skinned stranger, "You just might." He replied sipping from his drink.

The stranger smiled taking a small step closer to Stiles.

"You're really beaten up about this huh?" Isabelle asked coming to her brothers side.

"I was finally gonna meet him." Alec stated. "Some how it got ruined before it even started."

"You know they call me the High Warlock of Brooklyn for a reason." The man whispered into Stiles ear.

The information clicked inside Stiles head so fast he got dizzy. Before him stood the real reason Alec hadn't come tonight, and the only reason they had ever started talking in the first place, Magnus Bane.

*** Edited ***