Chapter 2

Thalia

I sighed, flopping down on my new bed inside my dorm room. I had just arrived at my new school and decided to get settled in. I lied on my bed for about five minutes before reluctantly getting up to unpack and take a quick shower. I opened up my suitcase and folded my clothes before opening my dresser and putting them in there. 

After I was finished, I trudged to the bathroom with a towel in my hand. I turned on the shower, hot water bursting out of the shower knob. I stepped into the stall, the water relaxing my tense and sore muscles. I cleaned my hair and body, turned off the shower, and wrapped the towel around me. 

I then walked into my room and put on some clothes. Just as I finished getting dressed some one knocked on the door. I walked to the door and opened it to be greeted by a good looking boy around the age of 18. He had black hair and steely, gray eyes. His shirt showed his muscles. 

"Erm, what do you need?" I asked, wondering why this god like boy was standing in my door way. 

"My room is right next to yours so I decided to be nice and greet my new neighbor," he said answered with a smirk on his face.

 "Oh, well, hi," I addressed awkwardly.

"My name is Thalia." I stuck out my hand for him to shake. He shook it and replied, "My name is Xavier." 

We stood and avoided each other's gazes in an awkward silence. "Well," I said, "See you around." 

"Yeah...Bye." Xavier turned on his heel and walked to the room next to mine and walked in, shutting the door behind him. I too turned around and shut the door behind me. That was weird. Or maybe it's just me that's weird.

Xavier 

I closed the door behind me, sighing. She was so beautiful with her electrifying blue eyes, black hair and pink, lush and soft lips. I knew right away she was my mate. I walked to my side of the room. I shared a room with my friend Darren, but he went to visit his parents and he'll be back today. He likes to listen to that screamo music, and he had an emo style of clothing and hair. Nonetheless, he was still my friend and I cherished that. 

I walked towards my bed sitting down in an Indian style. The door opened and Darren walked in with his suitcase trailing behind him. He let go of the suitcase and lazed towards his side of the  room and sat in the same position as me. He smiled at me before he spoke.

"Dude, I met this cool chick on the plane and she was hot," he exaggerated, whistling.

"Oh, cool. What's her name?" I asked, disinterested.

"Her name is Thalia," Darren replied.

I froze. He was talking to my mate? I got angry and saw red, my canines forming out of my gums. I stood up, I swear, if he touched her at all-

Darren seemed to notice I was mad because he quickly said, 

"It's okay, I didn't touch her." 

He knew that I was a werewolf and was totally okay with it. He claimed he knew a few more of my kind and thought is was dank - his words, not mine. I calmed and sat back down. I trust him. But something seemed off about him and I would have to figure that out later.

"Well, do you want to go get lunch? We can bring Thalia if you want, or if she wants," Darren finally broke the silence. I perked up, hearing the name Thalia.

"Oh yeah. Let's go!" I jumped up excitedly and got ready. Darren laughed at me, knowing I really wanted to see her. This will be interesting, I could tell. Even though I do not know what she is, Thalia is not human but I will find out later, first I want to get to know her.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Thalia

I walked into my kitchen. -Yes, I have my own kitchen. Awesome, right?-  I opened the mini fridge grabbing a water and avoiding the soda. I was trying to go on a diet, though it probably won't last that long because I was known to binge while watching Netflix. I walked back to my bed and turned on the T.V. -This is luxury- and sat back down on my bed, opening the water. 

It hadn't even been ten minutes before another knock on my door echoed throughout my dorm room. I groaned. Can't I just relax for one day? I just got here! I sighed, not wanting to get up. I got up anyway. This will be my exercise for the day, I opened the door to find Zayn. Was that his name? Or was it Xavier. It was probably Xavier. He stared at me with lustful eyes. And I realized I was just wearing a big plaid shirt, I had changed again earlier because I wasn't going anywhere. I blushed and looked away.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch with me and Darren," Xavier said looking down at me. 

Darren? That sound strangely familiar. Hmm. Eh, I don't care enough to ask. Too lazy.

"Uh...sure," I agreed, "Just let me go get changed. Go ahead and get comfortable."

"Okay," he replied shortly.

I turned around and walked to the bathroom and took another  shower. Why do I keep taking showers? And why did I let Xavier in my dorm room knowing I was taking a shower? And last but not least, why did I not bring any clothes with me? I face-palmed. I'm so stupid, this is why I can't have nice things, but at least I had a towel with me. 

I quickly finished up and got out, wrapping the fluffy towel around me. I opened the door and walked out of the bathroom and into my room where Xavier was sitting on my bed watching T.V. 

I coughed awkwardly before saying, "Um, could you get out please? I need to get changed." I blushed when he looked at me. His eyes darkened. 

"Sure." He got up and took one last glance at me before getting out. I closed the door until it was just a crack open. I found that it got too stuffy in this room, so I decided do that - hopefully he doesn't look- I thought before dropping my towel. I walked to my dresser and put on lace underwear then put on acid washed jeans and a light grey sweater.

I walked into the kitchen and said, "Let's go."

He looked at me. "I just need to go get Darren from my room."

I followed him into the room next to mine. He opened the door too his room, grabbed I supposed, Darren's arm and yanked him up.

"Hey!" Darren protested while I stood there with a blank expression on my face.

"Let's go! You were the one that suggested it in the first place!" Xavier yelled back.

God, could they get anymore annoying, I thought as they continued arguing. I guess I'll be the one to stop them.

"STOP!" I shouted so loud that their ancestors could hear it a from a mile away. What? I'm on my period, I have a right and a reason to be cranky.

Their bickering stopped as a gust of wind blew thru my hand. They stared at me with bewildering shock and I stared at my hand. What. The. Hell. I thought. I looked up to meet their gazes. 

I brushed off the crazy thought of me having a power, It was impossible. The window was probably open. I walked out of the room and down to the bottom floor, walking outside. I felt the cool breeze caress my soft, porcelain skin and heard the thundering of the boys feet behind me. I rolled my eyes at them and told them to hurry up.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I walked back into my dorm room, smiling as I wondered how we managed to not get kicked out. We had stayed there for hours, laughing and talking about random things. I put on my pajamas and turned off the light before going to bed. My last thought being 'I made some pretty good friends today'. 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

Well wasn't that amazing?! I told you this would be much longer than the first chapter! At least I think I did. Please comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter and what you think of this book in general. Pretty please be honest, and if you think it needs improvement just tell me so I can fix it. I want to be the best I can be writing this book, even if it means getting comments telling me this sucks. Well, I'm out! Peace. -   No-Soul-Ginger