Chapter Two - The Bus Stop

"Come on, kids, chop chop, the school bus is here." I clapped my hands in a rushing gesture.

Adam and Lily Rose were instantly in front of me; carrying their bags on their backs. "We're ready, mom!" They all but yelled happily.

I smiled at them and walked them out. I watched as they settled themselves inside the school bus, and waited until it was down the street before walking back inside the house. I started cleaning a little then cooked lunch before heading out to work.

#

"There's a gentleman at table ten asking for you personally." Estelle told me as she passed by me with empty plates in her hands.

"Me?" Confusion could be heard in my voice and seen on the features of my face. "Who is he?"

She shrugged. "Don't know, sweetie, but he's cute." She winked at me then walked away.

I smoothed the apron I had on and walked over to table ten with my heart beating rapidly. I didn't know who it was. No one ever asked about me. My eyes widened once I reached the table and saw who it was.

Julian King; wearing a three piece suit , sitting by himself, and tapping his fingers on the table impatiently.

"You were asking for me?" I asked him rather timidly.

He had a smile on his face as he looked up at me and answered. "Yes."

"Do you need to order something?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I actually want to talk to you."

"I am working right now." There was nothing to talk about.

"I'm willing to wait for you until you take your break." He told me and I knew it wasn't going to be easy to get rid of him.

"Look, Julian, I 'm busy right now. If you're not ready to order then I'll come back when you are." I snapped rather rudely, but quickly regretted the way I spoke to him.

I could see that he wasn't pleased with my response as he handed me the menu back and said. "I'll take the special, please."

I nodded wordlessly as I took the menu and walked to the kitchen to give them the order. Estelle spotted me and started making her way towards me.

"So who is the handsome man?" She asked me as she nodded her head towards Julian's table.

I shrugged. "He's just an acquaintance." I told her nonchalantly.

"Well he is tasty!" She licked her lips as if he were her next meal.

I laughed at my friend's antics. "He's alright."

"Estelle, order for table two!" Leo, the restaurant's head chef, yelled.

"Coming!" She yelled over her shoulder then looked back at me. "We will talk later." She told me and I nodded.

I served a few tables before Julian's order was up. I held the tray in my hand and walked over to where he was seated. I placed the food in front of him on the table. "Enjoy your food." I told him then walked away.

#

"Are you done for the day?" Estelle asked me as she saw me removing the apron from around my waist.

"Yes, I'm going home to see my kids." I told her with a huge smile on my face.

"Kiss them for me." She yelled as I walked out of the kitchen.

Walking towards the bus stop, I spotted a tinted car at a near distance as I took a seat on the bench. I shrugged it off and waited patiently for the bus to arrive. All I could think about was going home to see my kids.