[0.01] what will be, will be

-

-

[ N I N A ]

-

-

I walked through the halls with my beat up book bag slung across my shoulder. I heavily sighed, avoiding a loud yawn from being mustered up. I had been studying for at least three or four hours last night and I hadn't even realized the time. I ended up going to bed a few hours after midnight, and now I felt much crankier than ever.

I trudged to my locker, staring at the blue paint for a few seconds before I felt a hand brush my shoulder. Jumping nearly a foot into the air, my eyes widened. "Jesus."

"Guess again." Camilla mused, smiling merely at me. "What's with the zombie look going on?" She laughed, brown eyes widening.

"Well, I intend to look like a zombie since it's such an Oslo trend, my friend.'' I sarcastically remarked.

''Okay, grumpy. What is it this time?" My best friend pouted slightly, tilting her head.

"I only got like four hours of sleep last night and I'm pretty beat." I muttered, punching in the code to my locker as I swung it open.

Inside my locker was a small compact mirror that was glued to the metal. I cringed at the horrific reflection staring back at me. I decide to throw my long dark hair into a bun, and reluctantly yet lazily tie it up.

As I am doing just that, I gasped when I felt someone poke at my side teasingly. Turning around, I find Jonas, a first year as I scrunched my nose at him.

He laughed, amused by my shock. "Jumpy much?"

"What is it with people and scaring me half to death today." I said under my breath. I mockingly smile at him before I rolled my eyes.

"So, Nina. What's been going on?" Camilla dragged on, smirking slightly as she leaned down to open her locker too.

"I've been buried in textbooks and sleep deprivation, and you?"

"Well I never thought you'd ask!" She exclaimed in utter excitement, glancing at me. "Okay, so you know Daniel?"

"Yeah, actually. That one third year kid, right?"

"That one third year kid just so happened to have asked me on a date next weekend." She grinned, nodding slowly.

"That's great."

"I was hoping for a bit more of some enthusiasm. I've been going on about how cute Daniel is ever since our first year." She furrowed a brow, tilting her head at me in disbelief.

"Sorry, I'm just.. out of it, I guess." I laughed, closing my eyes. "Um, I honestly think it's amazing though, okay? I'm happy for you. And if you want, you can call me and we can talk about what you could wear."

"That sounds terrific." Camilla breathed out, closing her locker. "Well I'll see you around. Come meet me after the first few classes alright?"

As soon as the bell rang I nodded, waving her off before rushing to my Biology class. I thought I would have gotten to school earlier today, but time was clearly just not ay my side at all.