[0.02] detention

-

-

[ N I N A ]

-

Walking down the halls of the D building, my eyes travelled around the unfamiliar rooms, until I found a door that had a detention sign at the end of the long corridor.

The school was nearly empty, only a student here and there roaming seeing it was a Friday today. Most people with lives had somewhere to be, doing God knows what, but I was supposed to be home, reading The Great Gatsby right now. I usually never went out on Fridays, only because it was just like every other day. I was probably the most low-maintenanced person out there.

I walked in, about four people in the room already. I knew no one in the room so I immediately made a beeline to the back of the room and sat in a desk with a pout.

The teacher at the front looked at a list she had as she glanced at the people in the room before marking the sheet.

"Does anyone know if Christoffer was here by any chance?" She asked no one in particular. The room remained silent as I sighed, tapping my foot impatiently. I knew I had to be here for another hour, and I was already thinking about the better things I could actually be doing right now.

As soon as she said that, Chris walked right in, nodding nonchalantly at her before his eyes searched the room.

I immediately sunk in my seat, slouching as I purposely hid my face, cursing softly.

"Hi, beautiful." I hear him whisper towards me as I sighed rolling my eyes.

"What do you want, Satan?" I blurted, furrowing my eyebrows.

He laughed, staring at me in amusement as he tilted his head. "Oh, was I the reason you got into detention?"

I ignored him, staring straight ahead. My jaw tightened, knowing I was better than stooping down to his childish level.

"What, don't tell me it's your first time in detention, bookworm." He teased, smirking.

"First of all, don't call me that. And second, yes in fact it is. Congratulations." I rolled my eyes.

A silence is shared between us, before my glare directs back to him. "You don't even know my name." I scoffed, fiddling with my fingers. From the corner of my eye, I could see him eyeing me with the same smug smirk on his face the second I first actually acknowledged his existence.

That was a mistake.

"Nina. Nina Olsen. Why wouldn't I know your name? Your braininess clearly doesn't go unnoticed." 

"So why should you care? I thought you'd be satisfied with all the girls you've easily won over, but no. You'd go out of your way to get to me too, and it's just.. Obnoxious." I gushed, glancing at him with a frown settled on my face.

"Darling, I'm not trying to get to you. Don't be too absorbed in your precious pride." He licked his lips, raising his eyebrows.

"Good." I simpered in a coy manner, looking away. "Because if you think whatever you're doing will suddenly turn me into a brain-dead zombie for you, you're wrong. So, wrong."

I was surprised the teacher hadn't noticed us conversating, probably because we were all the way at the back of the room. 

"I don't seem to agree with you on that." He chuckled. "But whatever you say, bookworm."

I glanced at the clock, sighing. My face fell at the unbelievable numbers mocking me right now. Five minutes had passed so far, the clock moving incredulously slow.