EPILOGUE

August 13, 2023

Today was the wedding, we were getting married on a private beach. The decorations were perfect. Nina was my maid of honor, Zach and James became close friends, he was James' best man.

My mom was going to walk me down the aisle, she was honored. My mom was currently crying, Nina's mom was consoling her. Nina walked into the room we were in. Technically, we were having the wedding at her parents' beach house.

"It's time." Nina announced. Everyone got ready and left. It was time for my mom to give me away to James.

"Are you ready?" My mom asked me.

"He's the love of my life, manmie. I can't wait to be his wife." I told her. She gave me a nod of approval and we walked down the aisle. I was wearing a beautiful white, mermaid dress, that hung all my curves. I had a bouquet of pink roses mixed with green. I had a green Cymbidium orchid on my hair, green was James' favorite color. As soon as James saw me, he smiled. He was wearing a black tuxedo and had a pink Orchid attached on his vest, my favorite color.

A few moments later, I reached him. He took hold of my hands, our eyes met. The priest blessed us and told that it was time to exchanged our vows.

"Anne, August 13, 2002, was the best day of my life, it was the first time we met. Seven years later, we got separated. Exactly twelve years later, we met again. Last year, on this day, I asked you to marry me, and today we are starting our forever." He started. "With this ring, I take you, my best friend since childhood to be my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you, inspire you, and to love you truly through good times and bad. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down, and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together." He finished and I smiled.

"James Christopher Xander, for some reason, we always bump into each other. It's like the universe is telling us that we belong together. I've never believed in true love until you came back into my life." I started. He was smiling. "With this ring, I give you my heart, I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone, may my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home." He was about to kiss me, but the priest stopped him.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Xander. You may now kiss the bride." James didn't let him finish, he wrapped me in his arms and kissed me. Everyone cheered.

The ceremony went great, we danced, had fun, laughed, sang our hearts out. For the final part of the night, we were all letting sky lanterns go. James and I were sharing one.

"You were right about Shakespeare, he over exaggerated things. There are happy ever after endings." James said.

"Why are you saying that now."

"Because I'm having my happy ending...I can't wait to start my life forever with you, Anne Xander."

"I love my new name." I said. "I can't wait to live happily ever after with you, James Xander." We let our lantern go, everyone soon followed. We both watched them go. James wrapped me in his arms and we kissed like nobody was watching. We were the only two people in the world. The beginning and the end. Forever and always.

THE END