Twelve's Hour

"Whaddaya mean they don't like meh?" Peter Capaldi frustratedly shouts.

"I'm sorry Peter, some fans just think you are too old." Steven Moffat tells him plainly. "It's nothing to be upset about. You're still the Doctor."

"There can't be a Doctor with anying f**king fans!"

"Peter, it'll take time for people to accept you as the Doctor. You haven't even filmed anything yet!" The ex-show runner crosses his arms.

"Yeah, about that. I don't even have a companion! Jenna-Louise Coleman is leaving in the second episode. And none of you writers 'ave any ideah about what ta do."

"It's not my problem, Peter. " Moffat picks up a box of his desk supplies. "I don't run Doctor Who anymore."

Peter crosses his arms, "Well who did they pick?"

"Toby Whithouse. He's written a bunch of episodes from all different seasons." Steven tells the troubled actor. "I bet you'd have this same conversation with him. I've got to go. Sue and I are going on a cruise." He begins to walk out the door. "Best of luck!" Moffat calls over his shoulder happily.

As the door shuts between the actor and the ex-writer, Capaldi puts his head in his hands. Fan reception was everything. If the fans didn't like him, the views would go down, and ultimately, the show would end. There would be no 100th anniversary with a hologram of his body floating with the twelve incarnations before him.

"Shite." He mumbles.

Peter decides to go get a coffee or something. He walks through the offices of BBC sullenly. He walks down the street to a small cafe called, "Trifodale".

A teenage girl in front of him chatted away with the barista as they made her order.

"I just am too lazy to audition for anything but I act like I care what people say." She jokes.

The teenager behind the counter laughs as she accepts the payment.

"I dunno, acting in plays in the third grade should go on your résumé."

The brunette 'actress' chuckles, "I was Cupcake the Dog. I was a star!"

She is handed her iced drink. "Thanks Carly." She tells the blonde barista.

As she turns around, she stops.

"Peter Capaldi..?" Her mouth forms an oh.

"Yup. That's me." The salt and pepper actor responds.

The girl turns back to Carly the barista and hands her £5. "For his drink."

She swivels on her toes to face Peter again. "I'm really excited for your series as the Doctor. I can't wait!" She marvelled before sitting in a corner.

Peter was astounded by the kindness of the action and the warmth of the words. He quietly orders the coffee he had been craving and slowly approaches the young woman.

"Thank you." The 50+ actor tells her, sitting at the mahogany table across from her.

She seemed to be in shock. "I owe you for giving me a new swear word... 'Kidneys'." The girl finally spurts out.

Peter chuckles, "I'm glad I could assist you..." He searches for her name.

"Oh," the girl sticks out a slightly tan hand. "I'm Kiah. Kiah Myers."

"Peter Capaldi." He responds.

"You don't say." Kiah smirks.

They chat for awhile and Peter ends up spilling the companion problem.

"That's terrible! They could have almost any actor in the country and they have no one!" The teenager exclaims.

"The writers don't even have a character!" Peter huffs.

Kiah laughs, "You can have my character."

Peter looks confused so the fangirl elaborated, "For fan fictions and stuff. The one I created with a back story."

"That's brilliant!" The actor jumps up. "You said you were an actress right?"

"I mean--- I was like nine. But I enjoy it and I can so.. I guess?" She admits shakily.

"Oh brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!" Capaldi claps. He pulls Kiah to her feet. "C'mon, you love the show, you can be a part!" He exclaims. Peter's mind was racing. This could be the shot that the show needed!

The proposal was registering in the brunette's mind. Shock covers her face, and than excitement. "Carly!" She shouts at the barista, "If I go missing, I was last seen with Peter Capaldi in the promise of going to the studios of BBC."

Peter laughs and Kiah shoulders her bag. "Holy crap." She whispered, raising her voice, the young girl declares, "Let's go!"