August 27th, 1479

Ivory has been very weak the past couple weeks and Dawn and I are getting very concerned. We have only created three phoenixes and Ivory has lost so much ash that she can hardly fly anymore.

The first one was obviously named Crimson. He was red and already grew a foot taller.

The second one was a bright orange and we named her Orange. She was a foot shorter than Crimson and a few days younger. The last one is golden yellow. He was named Spark. He is the same hight as Orange and was born a few days ago.

Ivory is proud of her children, but it is literally killing her. She has been losing feathers, her color is turning paler, and she has been losing muscle mass.

"Dusk, we can't make anymore phoenixes. It is killing Ivory."

"I know, but I just thought of a brilliant idea. What if we ingest some of the ashes ourselves?"

"You're insane. We are not going to eat ashes."

"No, I have theoretically created a potion and it might just work. We only need a few feathers, tears, ashes, and a little bark off the old white tree and then fire. Once we cook the ingredients however, we must ingest it fast so we can get the burning ashes power. It is genius, isn't it?"

"Ivory is too sick. I won't use more of her ash selfishly."

"We can try out the experiment next time we create a phoenix. If it doesn't work, hardly any ash will be gone and she won't even notice it. If it works, we might be able to acquire powers to defend her as she gets weaker and we can pledge allegiance to her side and we can become her permanent defenders and we could become immortal! We could even get more people to do this and create a whole village here on this island and we can forever guard the phoenix. It is genius!"

"Maybe, but this is not the time."

"Then when."

"We can try to make another phoenix if she improves any in the next few weeks. Then we will try it. But you will go first. I won't even dare to drink that vile potion in your mind unless I know it will work. I won't let anyone touch me again." I saw a glimmer of anger in Dawns eyes as she said it and I know that this idea isn't going to be very good and Ivory will probably tell us some moral story. But all I can think of now is the power that I might be able to possess and it makes me hunger for things to come.