CHAPTER 1

[At the beginning]

"Carla!" my best friend, Tania, called out as I enter the cafeteria. Tania was the very first person I get along with when my family moved to Ville. I guess it's proper to say: moved back to the Ville. My family decided to move to the City when I was 15 years old, and then after a year and a half we moved back here.

I reached the table where my three best friends: Tania, Liz, and Kate, were sitting.

"Did you hear the news?" Kate asked.

I sat as I answered "What news?"

"Boys Soccer team has a new recruit" Liz answered on Kate's behalf. Oh, they know me so well. Boys. They always say I'm addicted to boys when in the first place they're the ones who introduced me to most of the boys I liked. Like right now, for example.

"What does he look like? Is he better than Jet, Klaus, Megs, Charles, Caleb, Tri-?"

"Whoa! Whoa, slow it down girl. I didn't know you have a LOT of boys" said Tania who's now smirking at me.

I just gave them the sweetest smile that only I could ever give. Then I start eating the sandwich I bought a while ago without looking at them. I heard them giggle. And I bet their shaking their heads as if not believing I'm their friend. I think. I just hope not though.

I like boys but not to the point that I wanted to be their girl. It never crossed my mind. Never. I just like looking at their smiles. I just admire their looks. And all that God given talents.

"Oh! There he is!" Kate exclaimed. I stopped eating as I gazed to the direction their looking at. Oh, so he's the one. Hmmm. I can't say yet that I like him, though, because right now I can only see the side of his face. But his cute even though his not smiling. Okay, fine I like him but not 100% like, maybe 90%. I smile to that thought. I shrugged as I take another bite of my sandwich.

"Then I suppose you like him." Liz give me that I'm-right-aren't-I look.

"Well..." I respond as I take a sip of my soda. It's as if I'm on court and a judge is questioning me if I raped a guy or something. Whew!

"Well, what?" Kate asked so impatiently.

"I don't think you'll like him completely." Kate said in between mouthfuls. I gave her that confused look. She look at me and said "I've noticed that you like boys who have that jolly personality, and they have that common features on their faces" She gather our faces at the center of the table and whisper "You see, he doesn't smile that much."

Oh, why is that??? I looked back at his direction but his not anymore there.

I'm walking towards the parking lot when I remember that I forgot to ask for that newbie's name.

As I reached my car I heard a strum of guitar. It's kinda loud, so maybe it's just nearby. I searched around the place to see where it's coming from.

There! At the back of the car next to mine. He continued on playing the song. I can only see his back so I can't figure out who he was.

Music. Hmmmm. It never fails to calm me most of the time. I close my eyes and listened carefully.

Well, my heart beats like a drum,

Guitar string to the strum

A beautiful song to be sung