CHAPTER 2

[Start of Something New – Oh Darling]

The cheering of the crowd is all over the place. I'm in the gym watching the basketball game. It's Ville High vs. West High. With west high as the leading.

"Go Jet!" I shouted from the crowd. "Go Carl!" Carl's my other crush, if you'd asked. I so like the way he smiles. The way they all smile actually. I suddenly remember my encounter with Kristoff earlier. I shake my head off to focus on cheering with current crushes on court instead.

Jet and Carl are part of "my crushes" list. I thank Kate for she was the reason why I knew them. She's part of the team, as an assistant coach. She's also handling the soccer team both boys and girls. For how she did that? I have no idea. But she told us that being one can help her finish her studies. That's why she knows the new recruit, Kristoff.

Carl is now dribbling the ball to the other side of the court. There's only 15 seconds left before the game ends. Carl passes it to Jet then, Jet is shooting it from the three point line.

Oh no... although I have I a crush on you, but trust is a totally different thing. Can you really shot that far?
10

9

8

I hope so...

"Will it be a point for the win or...?" the announcer.

4

3

2

"It got in! That's 3 points for Ville High five to that people!!!!!"

"CHEERS!!!"

We're at the Grill celebrating. Thanks to Kate,again,I was able to come every year. The School usually reserved the grill for this kind of event. Most of the crowd from the gym join the celebration. Including Kristoff.

Speaking of Kristoff. It turned out that he was following me earlier 'cause he lost his way to the gym and found me running instead. When we reached the gym we got separated. He was dragged by his colleagues while I find myself a place to sit and find my craziest friend to sit with them.

I usually go and talk to Jet and Carl in times like this. But not this time. Aside from the fact that I don't see them around. Not even my crazy friends. Where could they be? I'm on my own, sitting in front of the counter. I look on Kristoff's direction. His busy chatting with his friends. Look at that, I never thought he could be that talkative. Now that I thought about it, he's a transferee, isn't he?

'"OH! Look at that!! You like him!" Liz snapped. Startling me.

I face her and gave her that you're-loud-don't-you-know-that? Look.

"Whoa! I'm so right." she giggle.

"You're drunk, you're not supposed to drink Liz."

She face me and give a playful smile. "No..... I'm beautiful.... He said I'm beautiful! Can you believe that?" Her expression changes from playful to anger at the same time hurt. Liz? Angry? I don't think so.

"Said who?" I said with a teasing and intriguing look.

She turned to her heels and leave. I heard her murmur something I don't understand before she leaves.

"Whoa! Whoa! What a crowd we have here!!" it's the announcer recognizing our presence.

The crowd went on cheering and screaming.

"Wild as always! VILLEHIGH!!... Congratulations for winning the game!"

The crowd gone wilder.

"Whoooaaa!! Why don't we play something?"