C H A P T E R 2

Dark Magic

Chapter 2~

Skylar's POV

I felt the cold damp stone of the steps though the fabric of my denim, but I don't care- getting my pants wet is the least of my worries. As I wait out side Louis' building, I try to rehearse what I am going to say to him. Should I straight out say it? Should I hint at it? Or maybe I should just hit him in the back of the head with a stick then shove him in my trunk. Wait no, that's a horrible idea.

The moment I see a brown haired man walking towards me, I breathe in and out. Something I always do to seem like I'm calm, when truthfully I'm not even remotely close to that state.

By the time he is in front of me, I notice his some-what confused face.

"Hey," I stand up from the step and balance on my stilettos, "We need to talk." I look at him with a straight face and equally straight tone.

"Um... I don't think right now is a good time." He raises his arm and lightly scratches the back of his head.

Before I could say something rude, I bite the inside of my mouth. I wait until the hot boiling feeling inside me burns out, to speak again.

"We need to talk." I emphasize and elongate every syllable.

"Right now isn't a really good time. How about later.?" He puts his hand in the pockets of his grey hoodie, and I feel the burning come back, only this time, it was screaming at the top of its lungs.

I quickly scanned the area. Apartment buildings were placed down the whole drive. Only at the very corner there is a small coffee shop, with maybe two or three people occupying it. I lightly tilt my head side to side and consider my options. That idea doesn't sound too horrible now.

"So I guess we're going to have to do this the hard way." I say and reach for a larger stick laying on the grass, on that I've been eyeing, in case it played out like this.

"What do you- " just before the curiosity filled words left his lips, the stick collides with his soft skin. This action causes him to fall to the floor, while a pool of blood starts form on the floor.

"Oops. Didn't mean to hit you that hard." I say, well aware he can't hear me.

I decide to put him in the back seat of the car instead of the trunk, just because I'm feeling nice today.

I struggle to drag his heavy body from the apartment building to the car, but eventually I succeed. I try to be as gentle as possible as I shove his body into the back seat, but his head hits the rim of the door as I push him.

"Sorry." I say and try not to laugh.

Finally his body is in the car, by that point I'm so tired I don't care that he's laying across all the back seats. One battle at a time.

I wipe off the sweat that was beading down my face and rest my head on the drivers wheel. I'm so glad Nadine is getting Niall, because I don't think I could do this another four times.

"1 down, 3 to go."

**

I walk up the drive way of Harry's friends house. Hopefully this won't have to end like Louis' did.

I push on the circular white button right next to the door, and hear a ringing noise echo off into the house.

"Hello?" A guy with brown eyes and black hair opens the door, he eyes me up and down and smiles creepily, "Damn."

The smell of alcohol seeps out of his mouth with every breath he takes. I roll my eyes and shove past him. I see Harry and pasted out on the floor of the living room barely missing the couch. I smell him and there's not one drop of that foul sour stench on him. He must've just fallen asleep on the floor, idiot. I pull out a rag from my pocket. As the cold cloth makes contact with his mouth he slowly regains consciousness, just to lose it once more.