Nineteen- I've Loved You for So Long

(Taehyung's POV)

I sat on the balcony alone. I was unable to sleep again. What had Jungkook seen in his past? Who was he?

Questions ran through my head at a million miles an hour as Jin came out without me noticing.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and looked over to see him. "Are you okay?" He looked at me with concern. I felt bad. I didn't want to worry him. He shouldn't have to worry.

I nodded silently. "Can't sleep."

"Me neither," he admitted.

I shivered as a small wind blew.

Jin got up and walked back inside. The dim light from inside reflected off of his pink dyed hair. It looked good on him. It was really cute. And it suited his gentle personality perfectly. I could brush through his hair all day. I could hold him all day.

I felt more comfortable sleeping beside him lately. If I wasn't with him, I didn't sleep comfortably. And I always had that same repeating nightmare.

Jin came back with a blanket in his arms. He draped it over me carefully.

"Jin. You're not a servant anymore. You don't have to take care of me like this," I spoke softly to him.

He came around and sat beside me again. He looked at me with gentle eyes. "It's okay. I didn't do it for that reason. I just don't want you to get sick or be too cold."

I couldn't help from smiling at him. He always cared so much for me as I did for him.

I reached my arm over Jin's shoulder and pulled him into me. I wrapped the blanket around the both of us and leaned back with Jin now resting on my shoulder.

I lived for moments like this with him. He was such a precious piece of my life that I couldn't live without. He meant everything to me. He was the only reason I was still here. I needed to be here with him. To protect him and show him how much he truly was appreciated.

Jin sighed quietly. I knew by the way he sighed, it wasn't right. Something was upsetting him. Did he have a nightmare?

"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly.

He remained quiet for a few moments and then spoke. "I'm sorry," he spoke almost too quietly for me to hear.

"What for?"

"I never should have kissed you that day. I'm sorry," I heard a slight tremble in his voice.

My heart clenched tightly in my chest. I sat up and looked at him. "Jin, look at me."

He looked up shyly with apology in his eyes. It was such a heartbreaking sight. He shouldn't feel sorry. He shouldn't be hurting like this.

"Do you really feel sorry for that?" I asked him nervously.

He looked down and nodded.

No. He shouldn't feel like this. Not at all. I gently pushed his chin up so he would look at me. He had tears welling in his eyes. I looked into them deeply.