{1}

Two Weeks before being sent to boarding school

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Jesse slammed the front door of the small house open, interrupting his mother. He had fresh tears as well as fresh bruises. He threw down his backpack and went to hug his mother, who was shocked speechless.

Jesse let out a broken sob, crying out his soul as he mother comforted him. The bullying finally got to him, they went too far this time. They all jumped him, and the teachers just watched as the frail boy was beat up. 
His bullies never hurt him physically, they only spat horrible words at him. That hurt him mentally though.

He just wanted it to end.

"I'm not going back there!" He finally yelled out. His mother nodded in understanding "trust me, you won't ever go back there again." She ran her hand through his hair.

Life was hard for Jesse. He had an abusive father who had just been recently put in jail, for life. Jesse never tells anyone what happened and why his father was put to jail for life.

"Hey baby i- what the hell happened" His stepfather walked in, taking in how he looked, all the bruises.

"we have to send him to another school" His mother, Julie, said sadly.

"Let's talk about that later." He picked jesse up away from his mother "Let's get you cleaned up" Colin said carrying him up the stairs to the bathroom.

As Colin was bandaging Jesse's wounds, Jesse suddenly said "can you cut my hair?" and Colin looked at him like he was crazy. "But I like your hair" Colin whined and it made jesse giggle a bit. "not all of it, just a little bit" He looked into colin's eyes "please?" Colin was quick to give in "fine but you have to be the one to tell your mom" jesse nodded.

Later jesse curled up I'm bed careful not to hurt himself.

He wanted to cut but he stopped, for his older brother.

~flashback~

Jesse sat in the corner of his room, silently crying.

All the words his bullies uttered were rushing to him all at once. He was about to have a panic attack.

He looked at the blade, shining in the moonlight. Just as the blade was about to touch his skin and he was about to feel that sweet pain, a hand grabbed his wrist tightly. He winced because that was a spot he decided to cut before, and looked up to see his older brother glaring at him.

"what are you doing brat?" His brother sighed,  pulling him into a hug. Jesse cried in his brother's shirt. "I'm sorry"  He whimpered. "it's ok, just never do it again. Promise me" jesse nodded "I'll find something else for you to do if you wanna do that"  He thought for a second "I'll teach you how to paint,  how does that sound?" He smiled softly at jesse, who nodded smiling back.

~flashback over~

The next morning Jesse was smiling again, that lifted his mother's mood too. She hated seeing her son cry, he always looked so broken when he did.

Jesse decided to crossdress that day. Wearing a cream cropped sweater and a maroon skirt (outfit at the top) he wore his hair down and it reached the middle of his back

His mom squealed when she saw him "you look so cute" She hugged him and gave him his favorite food, waffles.

After breakfast he and Colin went to the bathroom, his mother had gone shopping.

Colin Walked in after him holding two hair dyes "I thought maybe we could dye it" Colin smiled widely. Colin was a stylist at a local hair salon. Jesse looked between the two dyes, blonde and black. "I've always wanted blonde hair" He grabbed the blonde dye.

"you sure you wanna do this?" Colin asked him and he nodded. And so the makeover began.

His mother had came back by the time they were done but they locked the bathroom door so she couldn't see.

Jesse smiled widely when he saw his hair.

(^imagine it like this)

His mother missed his long hair still but loved his new hair.

They all sat in the living room watching reruns of friends when Julie stood up suddenly. "I have news and jesse you might not like it but consider it please"  jesse looked at his mother weirdly "what's the news?"

She look a deep breath "I enrolled you in a private school" She siad quickly. "a private school?" Jesse's eyes Widened. "yea, Kelly Irving. It's the school your brother wanted to go to" jesse remembered that being his brother's dream school. He almost got in but his grades dropped suddenly before he could.

He could go, for his brother. But he would be away from his mom, and Colin.

"if big bro wanted to go then I will" He smiled.

Yass first chapter!

I hope you enjoyed it

Please vote comment and share!