The Escape

Maddeline POV
__________________

"If I can't have you no one can!" He yelled finally phasing and lunging towards me. Instinctively I step back and phase into my primary animal: A tiger or werecat is what I would like to call it. He lets out a growl and we begin to circle each other. He pounces onto me, but I quickly shove him off, pushing him back into the wall.

(Sorry, writing fights are really my strong point).

He shakes it off and pounces at me again biting into my shoulder roughly making a small whimper leave my mouth. I claw at his side causing him to roll off me not before clawing at my cheek. His wolf form was impressive a large silver wolf with a spotted tail and stomach, he was bigger than I was since he was a male, unfortunately giving him an advantage.

  A few minuets later we're both bloody and bruised, but I was the worst. He quickly pins me down and lowers his jaw allowing me to see his teeth, I turn away as the last of my strength falls away. I try clawing at his stomach, but with another claw to my face I'm out like a light, with a roar of pain.

--------------------
Mason POV

We were there, I could tell by the way her scent lingered around the castle. As of right now, we were attacking, the two kings were ready in battle with wolves at their side. At my side was Bella, Edward, Jacob, Renesmee, and James  . I was in the lead as we rushed in the corridors toward a room with double doors not only drenched in my imprints scent, but the enemy's too.

As we approached, I noticed the thick layer of guards in front of the room, guaranteeing that something or someone precious was in their. We already knew what to do, my family took on the guards as I managed to sneak inside. I look around to see Maddie in animal form underneath  Marcus whimpering as blood fills my nose. I immediately shift into my pure black wolf, and push him off of her.

James rushes into the room and goes toward Maddie, making Marcus turn towards him giving me an advantage. I lunge towards him making us both tumble as we each throw in some kind of attack. I land him a long scar from his eye to the bottom of my lip. Most of his injuries weren't from me, they were from Maddie. My heart swells with pride, one i realize all the damage she did, she's a fighter. I go for his ankles and bite deep into them making him howl in pain, doubling over. I then bite into his neck, in a certain area, making him go limp. I didn't kill him, if that's what you're  thinking, I just knocked him out with a pressure point.

My father came in, just as i phased back and handed me some shorts I looked back toward Maddeline to find her in her human form passed out in James' arms. It was worse than I thought, if she involuntarily shifts back, she must be really hurt.

______________________________

James POV

I rushed into the throne room to see Mason fighting Marcus and Maddie at the side, bleeding in her animal form. I rush towards her just as she shifts back into her human form, I pull her onto my lap to feel her pulse.

I reach to her neck to feel a pulse, but as I pull back, I see blood on my hand. I let out a small gasp and pick her up, but am stopped by Mason, who takes her from my grasp. i stop him as he approaches the door, and he glares at me,

"What!" He yells at me,

"Are you insane?! Dragging her out into the middle of war when she is the target! Let me go out first so can check, ok." I whisper-yell to him in hopes he'll understand.