.fifteen.

Harry pulls his jacket on and walks toward the front door, hair disheveled and eyes playing tricks on him. He hasn't slept in the past four days despite the lies he keeps feeding to Joshua stating otherwise. Astraya has barely come back to consciousness, but Josh keeps saying that she'll wake up any day now, and Harry keeps getting his hopes high every time she opens her eyes or mumbles something incoherently.

For a fraction of a moment, he considers walking out and meeting up with Uriah like he was ordered to do, but then his head tilts back to the staircase and he turns his back. With one hand still in his hair and the other one now just holding his winter hat, he walks up the steps and makes a sharp turn into his old bedroom where Astraya is still sleeping.

Her skin has more color now but her lips are still chapped and it looks like she's dehydrated. He nears her and slips his hand behind her head, letting her thick hair create a cape for his fingers as he leans down to press a chaste kiss to her forehead. He freezes when she groans under his lips, and then gently drops her back onto the bed before pushing the covers more over her body.

She tries to shove at the blankets, and he's quick to get her message. Swiftly, he tears them from over her and then sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "I'm sorry. My mistake, I thought you were cold, but you're actually-"

"What are you doing?" A voice at the door interrupts the moment, and Harry feels his cheeks heat up before turning to see Joshua with his hair a mess on his head, right hand holding a glass of water. He has that look in his eyes like he's skeptical. "Are you...Are you talking to her while she's knocked out?"

"No."

"Yes you are. That's good, that's good. Because she can still hear you, ya know?"

He nods and steps away from her, eyeing the glass of water in Josh's hand. "She'll be up soon? 'S that why you have that?"

"Uh yeah. Yeah, I have to go downtown to pick up some stuff for when she's awake, so I was going to ask you to be here when she does. She'll be completely out of it and if she tries to get out of bed, she won't get that far out. She won't be ready for any physical-"

"I can't be here." He pinches the bridge of his nose, knowing well off what has to be done now. "I'll tell Liam to do it."

"I hate that guy," Joshua deadpans, and Harry nods in understanding. "He keeps eating my shit, Harry. And I know he sees my name; I know it. He just doesn't care."

Harry nods but his eyes trail over to the girl on the bed. Her face is stuffed against his favorite pillow and he rolls his eyes before leaning over to push her away so she doesn't suffocate herself. "I'll go tell Liam."

With that, he's out of the room, pushing his hair back to pull the hat onto his head. He makes a turn to the steps and immediately bumps into someone. With a groan, he steps back and then looks down at the sandwich Liam's holding in front of him.

"You need to keep an eye on Astraya while Joshua and I step out for a few hours."

His face is blank for a few seconds. Then something clicks and he nods as a response, taking a quick glance down at the peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread. Josh is the only one who eats wheat. "I'll protect her with my life. Swear it."

"Great. Make sure she drinks some water when she wakes up, because she'll be dehydrated and might pass out or something if-"