|1|Introduction.

Sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes....

~~~

October tenth. The day the tragedy happened. Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina died that day. The nine tailed fox attacked the village and, being Hokage, it was his duty to protect it. After all, his wife was the jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi.

During pregnancy, the seal weakens, giving a chance for the fox to escape from its vessel. The extra precautions they took ended up failing. A man dressed in a black hooded cloak, a white mask with black stripes and one hole for one eye, had somehow dragged out the Kyuubi and made it attack the village.

The dreadful night came to a close when the Yondaime Hokage sealed the nine tails into two newborn children. His children. But in the process, the parents of the two children died.

That was almost six years ago, now...

A little boy with bright yellow hair, blue eyes and three whisker-like marks on each cheek, rolled up in a ball putting his hands above his head, protecting it from the beating.

"You killed our loved ones!" The woman shouted, a face full of anger and hatred. This little boy didn't kill anyone, he was being falsely accused of doing something he never did, but what could he do? Nothing. That's what, he could only roll up into a ball and hope the pain would soon stop, and even if the pain stopped, it was only the physical pain, not the emotional pain.

The woman narrowed her eyes and swung the belt down, giving no mercy. The boy closed his eyes awaiting the stinging feeling hit his face, but it never came. An echo sounded from the alley, it was silent apart from the boys weeping.

A young girl with flaming red hair stood in front of the boy, arms out in a protective way. Her hair flowing down until it reached the middle of her back. She too, had three whisker-like marks on each cheek. Blue eyes, with a tint of purple, glared up at the woman. Crimson liquid dripped from the girl's slightly parted mouth, a blue and purple bruise already showing on her cheek.

The red headed girl closed her mouth and brought her head back a bit, then she did something a child shouldn't do. She opened her mouth and spat the blood in the woman's face.

The woman with the belt stepped back with shock, but the shocked expression soon changed to hatred, "Why you~" The woman snarled before bringing the hand with the belt up, "Die DEMON!" She shouted swinging her hand down, but the little redhead knew this was going to happen.

Instead of wanting more pain to hit her, she turned around and grabbed the little boy, swinging him on her back. When she knew he was securely on her back she ran away, just in time to miss the belt hitting them.

"M-MiMi... why...?" The boy whispered in her ear asking her the unspoken question.

"I don't know Naru, I don't know..." She said in a quiet voice as a sad look crossed her face.

The young girl let go of the boy when they landed in a balcony area. Walking inside, the girl told him to sit on the counter in the kitchen, "Let's get you cleaned up, shall we?" She asked with a soft smile. The boy huffed crossing his arms with a pout.

"I'm the older sibling, I should be doing it." He complained.

"Yeah, older by, like, five minutes." She deadpanned. "Anyway, when I'm done with this I'll make something for lunch, whatcha say?" She asked making the boy nod his head eagerly.

A knock at the door caught their attention, the young girl jumped off the chair she was standing on and walked to the door. Opening it she looked up, instantly her face brightened. "Gramps!" She shouted hugging the old man's legs.