Chapter 18

Ailsa was tapping with her feet nervously. Her dark eyes shone brightly, but it was not because of the Sun, for it was a cloudy day. No, it was because of love.
For the first time in forever, Ailsa was all purple, red, yellow, green, orange, pink. She was truly happy. There was a bit of grey, too. But that was because she was nervous.
She was sitting on a brown bench in the park, and she was waiting for somebody. Somebody that could make her heartbeat skip a beat.

A familiar face approached. It was Freya. She wore a beautiful dark blue dress, just like on the day she girst met Ailsa. Her bright smile made Ailsa forget all her troubles. She could stare at this girl forever.
"So... hi," Ailsa stood up and smiled. They hugged tightly. The hug felt so warm, so right. And it lasted for a long time as well.
"Where are we off to?" Freya smiled as she looked into Ailsa's dark eyes. She's happy, Freya thought. She rarely saw her that happy. "I thought we could just walk around, go to the beach, enjoy ourselves a little," Ailsa smiled.

As they walked, the clouds seemed to disappear. Ailsa reached out her hand to hold Freya's. It didn't work at first, but she continued trying throughout the evening.

They went to a lonely beach. It was dawn, and they were sitting on the rocky ground, looking at the beautiful sunset. "How dare you," Ailsa said, "how dare you look like the sky? How dare you have the eyes in the colour of the sea? Wherever I go, whatever I do, I can't get you out of my head." She looked at Freya, who was completely red. "Do you know how annoying that is..?" she smirked. Freya was speechless. She just made a weird, high-pitched sound. Ailsa chuckled and pulled Freya into a kiss.
In that moment, when their lips touched, everything stopped. Time wasn't real, space wasn't real. Nothing was real but them, but their feelings.