29.0

The next morning, I knew something was wrong. I pushed my sheets and threw my legs over the side of my bed. I peeked into my brother's room. No one was inside. I ran down the stairs, I stopped on the last one when I saw J standing with my brother, Sammy and Skate.

"What's going on."

Jack shoved his phone in my face. I grabbed it. 

"Explain please."

I looked at it, it was me and J kissing yesterday on the swings.

"It's probably photoshopped." I said. "Or maybe a girl kissing a boyfriend, and they just happen to have the same colored hair as us."

"You swear this wasn't you." My brother stood in front of me.

I glanced at J, he nodded his head. 

"I swear." I said to my brother.

"Good." He said. "And I need your phone."

"What!?" 

"I think you need another break."

"Jack." I said. "That's so unfair."

"Danielle. Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"Because something's going on. I don't know what. Or who with. But I can tell you're lying about something."

I glared at J, then Sammy.

I ran up the stairs, my brother followed. I took my phone off the charger and threw it at him. 

"Take it."

"Danielle, calm down."

"Go away." I said. 

He walked out and I sat on my bed. Tears ran down my face. I saw Sammy appear in my doorway. 

"You did this, didn't you?"

"I know, things have been weird and crazy between us. But I swear I didn't do this."

I shook my head and cried, "When do I get a break?" 

He sat next to me, "I'm sorry Danny."

I leaned my head on his shoulder. He pulled me closer, I curled up on his lap. And cried into his chest. 

-------

Later that day Jack had a bunch of friends over to swim. I, of course, was still locked in my room. Every once in a while a wet Sammy or Skate would come make sure I was still there. For the most part I stared at that picture of J and I. 

"Staring at it isn't gonna make it go away." I turned and saw Skate.

"I know." I said quietly. 

"Look, Jack said that you can come down and eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Everyone is still outside. It's just us." He said. 

"I don't want to see the fun." 

"I'll bring it to you." He said. "What do you want. Hamburger or Hotdog?"

"Hamburger, with no pickles please."

"Ketchup?"

I nodded. 

"I'll be right back." 

He walked out and I looked back at the picture. I shut my laptop. When Skate came back he set the plate in front of me on the desk. 

"Eat." I picked up the burger and tore a piece of it, putting it in my mouth. Skate leaned against the wall.

"You don't have to stay up here."