Chapter Seven.

"I hate it when you're not around, and the fact you didn't call."

Rays of sunshine beamed through the front entrance of the school, the heat insanely high for the tempestuous weather that Seoul had been experiencing lately. Nayeon's voice nipping at my ear as I tried to convince her that I was okay, that I didn't need to go home, that I could look after myself. The chatter of our classmates bouncing off the walls as they hurled suggestions of weekend plans at one another, but nevertheless, failing to actually come up with a solid idea.

"I just think you should be taking it easier, you know, resting for a bit. You shouldn't be worrying about schoolwork or anything at that. You need to take it easy, Abe." Nayeon mothered me as I rolled my eyes and smiled up at the dolled-up brunette.

"Should you not be focusing more on your upcoming date?" I teased, trying to change the topic of conversation and successfully turning her cheeks bright pink.

"That is my problem, not yours – but hey, good try and changing the subject." She retorted with a snort as I rolled my eyes, sneakily looking behind me before turning my attention back to her. We finally rested at her locker, my eyes scanning the area completely before smiling up at her, only to receive a weird look in return.

"Okay, what is up with you these days? You always seem to be looking over your shoulder for something or someone." Her voice seemed fragile as she glanced around but struggled to spot anything or anyone of interest.

"It's nothing really... it's just really stupid." I muttered, playing with the strap of my bag, her hand resting on my shoulder gently as she smiled encouragingly at me.

"I don't want to walk around the school and have to face him, I don't want to be afraid to turn a corner because he might there, I don't want to hide my face whenever I walk down the corridor in fear of having to see his stupid ass smirk!" I yelled, my self-hatred finally bubbling to the surface as I struggled to control the rage that soared through my veins. I held my breath for a few moments, calming my racing heart as I repeatedly tapped on my thigh, soothing my own pain as I groaned and rested my head against the cold metal of the locker that I currently used as a bed.

"...but I miss him. I miss his smirk; I miss the way he used to tease me and poke fun at me. I miss his stupid pink hair and the way he tussles it trying to make it look cool. I miss his smile and his laugh, the way his eyes twinkle in the light. I miss him." My weakened voice squeaked, my hands suddenly clammy as I to push away the numbing feeling in my chest.

"I hate it when he's not around." A feeble voice that sounded like my own mustered, my nails becoming the most interesting thing in the room whilst I tried to avoid looking up at Nayeon at all costs. 

"Abela, you deserve better than him, you know this," Nayeon whispered as she softly played with my hair, the familiar stinging sensation attacked my eyes, biting down on my lip as I looked up at her. I could only imagine that I looked like a young child pouting when they didn't get something that they wanted or asked for.

"There isn't better than him. There isn't someone in this world who can make me smile as he can, who can make me laugh with a corny joke. Someone who brightens my day just by looking at me. No-one will ever be able to make me feel the way he does when he texts me in the morning, or when I go to bed with him on my mind. If I do deserve better, I don't want it because to me, he is the best." I whispered, a single tear trailing down my cheek. There was a churning feeling resting at the bottom of my stomach, a screeching in my ear with a dreadful pain attacking my throat. My nails were digging their way into the palm of my hand as I tried my hardest to block the memories. Trying to push away the feelings that dominated my whole body.