2. username

it's what people here are going to refer to you as so try your best to make it as 'you' as possible <3

1. add your initials or whatever you want to be referred to.
unless you don't want to, of course. but if you choose to do so, you can add another word before or after your preferred name. take some time and figure out some cute wordplay you could use with it.

2. the shorter, the better.
relating back to the previous point, add the word 'you' into the prefix or suffix of your name or initial. you can also use 'aesthetic words' such as honey, cosmic, midnight, etc. followed by an adjective.

3. don't over-add symbols.
avoid adding too many hyphens or underscores unless you want a specific username that's already taken. let's take mine for example: 'galaxyst' was already taken, so I added a hyphen at the end.

4. play around with the letters
no, I don't mean using 'Xx__xX' (not referring to anyone here but this reminds me too much of the past decade). however, adding an x to replace a letter in a name/word is just fine, e.g. "mxrcury" instead of mercury. dropping a vowel, eg. golden -> goldn, could also do the trick, especially with common usernames that tend to be taken 

TIP: you can replace:
— any vowel with x
— o or e with c
— u with v
— a with q

5. don't add *too* many numbers
not only does it look a bit messy but no one is going to remember how to read a username with so many numbers! (pls I emphasised *too*. of course, you can use numbers.)

6. lower case intended
or all upper case! this is just my personal opinion because I'm not a huge fan of mixing lowercase and uppercase letters unless sarcasm is intended.

7. display name
avoid leaving it the same as your username; you could put whatever you want to be referred by or just the first letter of your name in a fancy font. you can also add symbols to make it look pretty!

 you can also add symbols to make it look pretty!