Chapter 35

Every morning was the same old routine. Getting up, taking a shower, eating breakfast, nothing special. But this morining was an exception. Not only did Jae Eun wake up a little later, but she had butterflys creeping in her stomach, remembering the scene from yesterday.

It sent nervous chills down her spine. How was she supposed to react today? Should she just act normal and pretend nothing happened? Or should she question him about it? 

She walked down the stairs, heading to the kitchen in such deep thought that she crashed into the counter, bruising her stomach. She yelped and stumbled back, and her mother who was making pancakes turned around.

"Jae Eun-ah, what are you doing crashing into things?"

"I don't know," she mumbled, and took a seat with her head down.

"What's wrong? You seem troubled," she questioned, flipping the pancakes.

"Nothing," she replied and was presented with a plate on pancakes in front of her.

"Are you sure it's 'nothing'?" she asked and went to the frying pan. "You didn't even eat dinner yesterday and ran up to your bedroom," she continued.

"I was really tired," she said simply and ate her pancakes.

Her mother shrugged and started washing the dishes in silence. Jae Eun sat and something kept on bugging her. But it hit her head.

"Omma, what's happened with Soo Hyun?" she asked.

Her mother turned around and looked at her with an ashamed look on her face, and it wasn't good. She sighed deeply and looked up at her concerened daughter, with a frown plastered on her face.

"Soo Hyun...escaped," she whispered the last word, but it was enough for Jae Eun to hear. 

"What?!" she exclaimed, standing up.

"We were going to tell you yesterday, but you didn't come out of your bedroom, but Soo Hyun got arrested and we thought it was the end of her because of the evidence Seokjin gave to us, but yesterday in the afternoon, she made her escape. She was probably helped by some people she knows, and now they can't find her,"

Jae Eun stood with her jaw dropped, eyes widened and completley speechless. So it was SooHyun she saw yesterday. She looked around and took a deep breath. This wasn't happening. Soo Hyun can't be free, putting lives in danger.

"I'm going to school now," Jae Eun said, grabbing her bag.

"Shall I drop you-" her mother shouted.

"No thank you," and she walked out. 

The sky was a dull grey and it looked like it was about to rain, but Jae Eun didn't bother with an umbrella. Little drops of rain started falling and soon it turned into a full downpour. She was drenched, but she didn't care. 

When she reached school, BTS were hanging around under bike sheds, away from the rain, and they spotted Jae Eun.

She had her head down, her hair in wet strings and her hands deep in her pockets. Jungkook ran to her with an umbrella and started walking next to her, but she didn't notice.

"Jae Eun-ah," he said, and her head shot up.

"Oh, anyo," she replied and continued walking without a word.

"What's up?" Jungkook asked, unaware of the situation with SooHyun.

Jae Eun stopped in her tracks and turned to him. She looked at him right in the eye and a tear fell from her face, but it went unnoticed because of the rain drops streaming from her hair.

"SooHyun, she..." her voice cracked and she looked down closing her eyes.

Jungkook realized what was happening and his eyes widened. He took her shoudlers dropping the umbrella and looked at her.

"What about her?" he asked concerned.

"She...escaped. She's out there, and she's coming for...me," she stuttered in between choked sobs.

Jungkook felt his heart melt hearing it and pulled her into an embrace. He squeezed her and she cried into his chest, letting out all of her build up emotions go. He stroked her hair and rubbed her back.

He shushed her, trying to calm her down. She suddenly hugged him back, and Jungkook stiffened , but he let him remaining warmth comfort her.

"Shhh.....she can't hurt you, not anymore. No one is going to hurt you. I'm here for you, I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise," he whispered, and Jae Eun pulled back.

Her eyes were puffy and red, and she looked at him still sobbing.

"How can I trust a person that has tortured me for 4 years promise that?" she said.

Jungkook became speechless at her statement and couldn't find the proper words to make a sentence, but he came out with a hesitant phrase.

"I've changed..." he whispered. 

They stood in the rain for a few moments and Jae Eun wiped her tears away. She glanced up at Jungkook.

"I hope," and that's all she said before running into the school building.

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I DON'T KNOW IF THE LAST PARK OF THIS CHAPTER MAKES SENSE BUT OH WELL. IM WORKING ON THE PLOT FOR MY NEXT BOOK AND I PROMISE ITS GOING TO BE MUCH BETTER BECAUSE I ACTUALLY PLANNED IT OUT AND OUTLINED IT. 

THIS IS LIKE THE FIRST UPDATE IN 2017 AND I STARTED SCHOOL. UGGHH

HOPE YOU ENJOY !!

SARANGHAE <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3