Chapter 11; The Game Begins

Chapter 11;

(P.O. V Winter)

I awoke, and was instantly hit with throbbing pain. Slowly, I opened my eyes, finding myself in my room, the door wide open. As my eyes and hears adjusted, I heard the faint sound of Sherlock’s violin coming from downstairs.

I slowly sat up, and rose from bed. I hobbled over to the bathroom, to look at the damaged that Jake and Rolf caused.

Sure enough, I looked like I had been in a war.

My left cheek was totally covered with a huge bruise. My bottom lip was busted, and scabbed. I had large bandages  covering parts of my forehead, arms, and stomach. My right cheek was a bit swollen, with a small bandage covering it.

I looked as bad as I felt.

I turned away from the mirror, and went, ever so slowly, down the stairs.

As I managed to limp into the living room, I found Sherlock by the window playing his violin, and Irene sitting on the sofa. Uncle John sitting in his chair, as always.

I stood next to Uncle, but didn’t bother noticing Irene.

When Sherlock finished playing, Irene clapped, then walked over to Sherlock, in an egger state to express her gratitude.

“Very nice Mr. Holmes. Tell me, what was your inspiration?” she asked, placing her arms over Sherlock’s shoulders.

“Well, Irene, I would tell you, but then that would take away some of its mystery, and there for beauty.” Sherlock said, staring at Irene.

“Let’s keep it PG guys, Winter’s in the room.” Uncle spoke up, before he began to read the paper.

Irene let go of Sherlock, and turned, acknowledging that I existed.

“Well, dear I heard you took a pounding. School bullies can be so cruel.” Irene said, as she acted ‘upset’ about my beating.

“Yes, Winter, how are you feeling?” Sherlock asked, before sitting in his leather chair, Irene sitting next to him on the arm rest.

“Fine, thanks. But it was far from a school bully beating I’m afraid.” I said, sassily.

“Well, God knows your use to those.” Irene commented, causing Uncle John and Sherlock to glance from me to her worryingly.

I simply ignored her.

“Actually, they were henchmen! And they said to give a message to you, Sherlock.” I said.

Sherlock looked at me, his face showing no emotion, as pre-normal.