{Chapter Eighteen}

July 2,1942

I stood in the corner room of an occupied base HQ in London. They moved us from Italy to London last week. They said we'd be occupied here for some time before moving back on. 

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic." Steve marks a place on the map that sat on the table. The whole of Eastern Europe spread across us. "And the sixth one was... about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." After Steve finishes, a soldier takes the map away. He smiles at me before running off. "I just got a quick look."

"Well, nobody's perfect." Peggy sarcastically comments.

I quickly chip in as we approach Chester Phillip. "These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map."

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base." He ordered before looking at the sleeve of my shirt. 

"What about us?" I asked trying to ignore his gaze on the number printed on my arm.

"We are gonna set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say, Rogers? It's your map, you think you can wipe Hydra off of it?" Phillip asked while looking to Steve.

"Yes, sir." He said with a nod. "I'll need a team." He added nodding to me.

"We're already putting together the best men." Chester said while walking off.

"With all due respect, sir. So am I." Steve called, stopping Phillip. "And a woman." He said while smiling to me. 

---

I sat myself on a bar stool. Swiveling scotch in a glass cup. I slipped on my leather jacket as a cold wind blew through the opened door. Which is strange since it's July.

"So, let's get this straight." I turned as Dugan, a tall burly ginger with a bell hat and mustache,  spoke up to Steve.

Gabe, a coloured man, then kicked in. "We barely got out of there alive, and you want us to go back?"

I shrugged. "Pretty much sounds like it." 

"Sounds rather fun, actually." Falsworth, Union Jack as I call him, spoke up, nodding in my direction.

Jim belches while nodding. "I'm in." Jim is a short Filipino from Ace.

Dernier turns to Gabe and begins to speak in French. Dernier than laughs shaking Gabe's hand. "We're in."

"Hell, I'll always fight. But you got to do one thing for me." Dugan shot out while grabbing his beer and taking big gulps.

I rolled my eyes and Steve asked why."What's that?"

"Open a tab." The whole table burst into laughter and nodded as Steve took the glasses to the counter to get them refilled. 

"Well, that was easy." I sighed looking to Steve. I had been sitting next to James the whole time.

Steve chuckles as he goes over to the bar. "Another round." He said while looking to James and I.