Chapter 19

(a/n) Yes I know I skipped from 17 to 19 I just want the part and chapter numbers line up.

-TWO YEARS LATER-

MAYA'S POV

"Isaiah Babineaux" He walked up to the podium, shaking hands and smiling. He grabbed his diploma and walked off stage to his seat so the following students could continue.

Watching how happy and excited he was made me dread graduating even more.

My eyes wandered until I found Lucas about twenty people behind Zay. I hadn't realized but he was staring at me I waved and giggled, causing people around me to look at me with confused expressions.

I drifted off and looked for Shawn and Katy in the stands somewhere.

"Lucas Friar" My head snapped back to the stage watching him confidently walk towards the dean. After he was handed his diploma, he looked directly in my eyes and saluted.
Right there on the stage.

The time in between was followed by me chatting with fellow classmates. I was nervous that I would trip on the three stairs I had to walk up. But something about what lay ahead in my future gave me the confidence I needed. There were still some people before me, so I looked into the crowd and found Lucas.

LUCAS' POV

She was dressed like every person in this stadium, but Maya Hart was the most beautiful girl out there. And she was mine.

"Maya Hart" I focused my vision on her, I knew she was nervous but it didn't show. Once she was handed her diploma she looked directly in my eyes and saluted. Still on stage. Goofball.

She ran over towards me, surprisingly fast for someone in heels. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders, standing on her tippy toes.

"We did it." I whispered in her ear. We stood like that for a few seconds then moved to where the graduated students were sitting. She had a different last name and was supposed to be a few rows in front of me, but I didn't care. She took off her shoes and crawled up onto my lap. I gave her a quick kiss on her cheek.

MAYA's POV

"Riley Matthews" I watched as she went up onto the stage. Farkle was only a few people behind her. Once she grabbed her diploma she walked down the steps on the opposite side and stood waiting by the rows of chairs. "Farkle Minkus."

Her smile brightened when Farkle walked off the steps and headed for her, about halfway there she ran up to him. She threw her legs around his waist and he held her up. They were kissing and Riley was holding his face. They were all about the public PDA. They moved over to the open chair next to us. Riley did the same motions as I had done a few minutes ago.

We waited awhile for them to call Smackle. Zay ended up making people in our row move so they had room to sit.

"Isadora Smackle" I was surprised by how calm she was walking across the stage. She almost tripped towards the ending stairs but played it off perfectly. She had the biggest smile plastered on her face and she ran over and sat with Zay, he didn't waste any time drawing her into a hug.

They called out the last students but most people weren't listening. Smackle and Zay were talking. Riley and Farkle were making out. Which was cute but she was about four inches above him so they position was akward. Lucas and I were doing some of both. Not paying attention to the names being called out.

There was a loud cheer, pulling us out of the trance in our own worlds. Announcing they had finished and we could go home. I looked around for Shawn and Katy and called up hoping they wouldent leave so I could say goodbye. We had previously made plans for a small graduation party after the ceremony. As most people walked towards the exit we stayed seated.

"I'm not sure we have enough food and drinks for an afterparty." We all were facing Lucas. "Lucas and I can run to the store and you guys can head home." Farkle suggested. "Sounds like itl work." Zay muttered. We broke from our seats and headed out.

We had originally taken three cars so Riley and I went in one, Zay and Smackle took her car and Lucas and Farkle took Lucas' truck. Our house was about twenty minutes away which gave us plenty time to decorate.

LUCAS' POV

Farkle and I had been friends for a long time but it just seemed as if there was something going on. I was driving and he would look out at the road or at me. "Farkle, whats up?" He sighed and looked back at me.

"You dated Riley, right?" He sounded stupid. "Yes, the six months you were there for." I was being sarcastic intentionally. "It seems all she ever wants to do it kiss, which isn't bad but theres just like an empty void. You and Maya like never talk and are the best couple I know." I knew what he was talking about but my dilemma was the opposite.

"All Riley ever wanted to do was talk when we were together. All you have to do is just start talking and see where it takes you. And its still early in the relationship. Maya and I have been dating for two years, so we have moved on from that faze." He nodded and then once again looked at the road.

I started thinking about Maya. How her blue eyes glowed, and when her hair fell in her face she always let me brush it away. How we didn't need to talk we could just lay there and watch a movie. Talking wasn't something she did, mostly because of her rough childhood. I knew she felt safe when she would tell me stories about her life.

We had a good relationship, we have been together for two years. Two good years. We haven't even slept together yet, and it didn't matter, not to me. We had talked about getting an apartment together but decided to wait until after graduation.

I was excited to continue my life with Maya. Maybe we could get a dog.

I started thinking about her again. Her precious smile. Her tiny body that would make you think she was sweet and squeaky but really she could snap your arm in one motion.

That was the last thing I remember.