Chase Midnight (Camren)

(Started writing this a year ago, turned it into a NYE shot, yay. Didn't do too much proofreading. Happy New Year's loves.)

"Isn't she just gorgeous?"

Dinah rolled her eyes at her best friend's question; a question she's already been asked about fifteen different times tonight.

"Yes, very. Now can we go get some food, the hot wings are almost gone." She whines, tugging on the shorter girl's arm in a demanding plea for her to follow along.

However, her best friend happened to catch the eye of her long-time crush and that's when she knew that her request would go both ignored and denied. The brown-eyed girl smiled shyly at the other Cuban girl who was just across the room, a glass of apple cider in hand, while she conversed with the team coach's family briefly. There had been a lull in conversation and she decided to look up, casting a glance around the room and just so happened to land on a very shy and quirky brunette. She sent a warm smile over to her teammate, having not seen the girl since she arrived at the party; little did she know, the younger girl has been eyeing her ever since she walked through the front door.

"She freaking smiled at me." The small girl gushed, turning back to her best friend who was about two seconds from collapsing of hunger.

"She always smiles at you, Mila." The tall girl sighs.

She was anything but annoyed at her best friend for crushing so hard on their team captain but nonetheless she found it hard to see why the girl was so shy around the older one like she was. She was one prominent member of their school's softball team as well. She had the best hit record on their entire team, best female hitter at their school since the late 90's according to their coach. The small girl was almost the school's laughing stock when word got out that she was trying out for the team.

It's not that no one liked her per say, but everyone knew Camila Cabello. She was the lanky and silly adorable Latina in school. She was a social butterfly and as confident as one could get without being labeled as cocky. She just wasn't the sporty type, well that was until she found a new love in a certain sport to be closer to her crush since middle school. She could easily be described as a clutz, but the second she picked up that bat and stepped to the plate, something clicked. Whether it was her intense liking for the captain or just some hidden skill, no one will know. Ever since that moment, she was taken way more seriously around school. She was far more popular for a lack for better words and that's why Dinah could not see why she turned from a solid rock of confidence into bubble gum mush whenever it came to Lauren Jauregui.

"So are you coming or not?" Dinah proposed, getting ignored once again as Camila ogled blatantly at Lauren. That was cut short though as the girl had downed the rest of her apple cider and started to make her way over to the two after saying a quick goodbye to some of her coaches family members.

The shorter girl quickly turned to her friend in an excited but anxious manner, grabbing her arm to get her attention as it was cast on the scarce plate of hot wings that were only getting more desolate by the second.

"She's coming over, she's coming over alright help me, is my hair okay? Teeth? What about my dress, pressed nicely right?" She rambles.

"What if it wasn't? Whatcha gonna do, run into Coach's house and whip out his ironing board real quick?" She questions, finally pulling her attention back to her small friend. "Chill out Mila and breathe. Honestly just ask her out for goodness sakes, everyone knows you like her, even the team, why do you think none of them or anyone at school has tried to scoop her up, it's written all over her body-" She smoothly moves her hand down her own body to emphasize. "...Camila's girl."