Crossover Night

"Happy new year!" the whole congregation shouted
I was among them and then we were asked to congratulate ourselves for entering the new year with no sickness, no calamity
The boys in the church had already gone outside to start the knockouts(banga)
I had never had the nerve to even lit a banga, I'm always scared of it.
My brother is a very calm matured guy even though he is only 16, he acts more matured than his age, he wasn't among those who partaked in d knockout show.
I have three boys that do follow us to church(family friends) that lives a rough lifestyle, they are the first you will see in a local football match, in a knockout show, anything that has to do with being rough.
"Don't come near me with the banga oo!" my sis shouted as she ran from the church to my dad's car.
The boys laughed as they continued their banga show.
Soon, they ran out of banga, that made me so happy. They left to the other street to partake in their crossover show.
My phone rang multiple times as different people called to wish me happy new year, especially on whatsapp where I had lots of messages.
We slept in d church because our house is very far from church so as I was lying down on the bed we put on the ground with mosquito net surrounding it so we don't get bitten, I was chating with my friends.
Then my crush texted me:
"Happy new year dear"
I was happy because we rarely chat. I replied him with a new year message of mine. We chatted for a while, then he texted
"I'm attracted to you more than you can imagine"
I was surprised but happy(of course).
Then I slept off......😢