Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Currently, I'm freezing my ass off and wandering through the streets close to the remains of the clocktower, where the rest of the team seems to think Sara will be. Diggle, Oliver, Roy, and Laurel are on surrounding buildings and I'm sure they all have our eyes glued to me.

"You okay down there Becca?" Oliver's voice asks me through the coms.

"Just peachy," I respond sarcastically.

"You nervous?" Thea asks.

"Not really," I respond. "I've been in much worse situations than this."

A silence follows this as we all wait for Sara to show up.

"Do any of you see her?" I ask them as I look around the seemingly abandoned alleyways.

"Nada." Laurel replies.

"Nope." Diggle agrees.

"No." Oliver says.

I await Roy's response and when it comes, my heart picks up a pace.

"Southwest corner," Roy says quickly into the coms.

I keep my back towards Sara who is gradually getting closer from the sound of her footsteps.

"Becca..." Oliver warns, his voice dangerously low.

"Becca, are you ready?" Laurel asks nervously.

"Carson, she's getting closer," Roy grumbles into the microphone, a small bunch of nerves gathering in my stomach from the obvious anxiety in all their voices.

"Shut up, with you all blabbering in my ear, I can't hear her coming up." I snap into the coms.

They all fall silent. I listen to the footsteps, waiting for just the right moment. It comes when Sara is practically on top of me.I burst into action and begin to fight, it's a relatively evenly matched struggle for the both of us. 

"Becca, you okay down there?" I hear Oliver ask.

I somehow manage to shove Sara to the ground with a grunt before responding.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good." I say with a sigh.

"Okay, we're coming," Laurel says and I sigh at her voice.

"Carson!" Roy yells into the coms but he's too late.

Sara is already up and on top of me. She knocks me to the ground and I kick her legs out from under her before we begin to fight once more.

"Becca get out of there now!" I hear Felicity yell through the coms, knowing exactly what's going on from old traffic light cameras.

But it's too late. I don't even see Sara pull out the gun. The shot goes off and I crumple to the ground, a pain prominent in my shoulder.

"Becca!" I hear Laurel scream.

An arrow comes out of nowhere and strikes Sara's shoulder. She falls down just as Diggle and Laurel reach her. I glance over at Oliver to see him lowering his bow. Roy rushes towards me and kneels down beside me.

"Roy?" I hear Thea's voice come through the com, worry lining her voice.

I look up at him with a pissed off expression on my face.

"She just shot me." I groan and a small smile spreads across his face.

"She's fine," he mumbles before he looks at my shoulder where blood is spilling out.

He grabs some gauze from the inside of his suit and presses it to my shoulder. I grimace slightly and glare at him.

"Thanks, Harper." I snap and place my hand over the gauze.