1

Dear journal,

Graduation was today. I followed in my mom's footsteps and was valedictorian at Chilton High School and had gain early acceptance from both my mother and fathers alma mater, yes journal, I will be attending Yale University in the Fall.

Mom and Dad are beyond excited for this new adventure. They say Ill meet life long friends and it will be one of the best times of my life. But, I'm just not so sure. I made friends like that while at Chilton and now we are all going our separate ways. I guess I'm just down about the whole situation. I'm just gonna miss my friends.

On the other hand though, I know they're right. That's where they met after all, mom was in her Junior year living in Brandford Hall. But that's a story for a different time. Now its my turn, it's my story now.

I guess we'll see what happens.

I closed my journal and laid back on my queen sized bed staring up at my ceiling, hugging my pillow against my chest. I could hear my brothers music coming faintly through the wall.

I sat up and looked around. I grew up in this room, Things had changed slightly over the years. More shelves for all the books I had collected had been installed, a writing fest had been brought in and sat I front of the window that looked out over the view of central park, a 32" plasma tv hung on the wall across from my bed, and of course the furniture changed as I grew. But one thing that remind the same was the walls, they were still pink and grey, I the one above my bed still read "In Omnia Paratus". I turned to face that back wall, staring up and the saying.

"In Omnia Paratus." I said to myself in the quiet room. I took a deep breath. "Ready for all things." I continued with my eyes closed, thinking about the Latin saying. I opened my eyes and climbed off my bed.

I'd be fine, I could do it, I was going to Yale. I thought to myself as I walked out to join my family for Friday night movie night.